Registered Nurse IMCU
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a Registered Nurse to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake - Webster, Texas
Registered Nurse (RN) – Intermediate Care Unit (IMCU) (IMU)
HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake is a full-service hospital offering a 531 bed inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical and specialty services. The campus includes Level II trauma capabilities, a Neuroscience Institute, The Heart & Vascular Hospital, a bariatrics program, the Breast Diagnostic Center, a wound care center, a level III Neonatal ICU, and the area’s only pediatric emergency department and pediatric ICU.
HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
What you will do in this role:
- Responsible for meeting the Standards of Practice for Cardiovascular Intermediate Care Unit and managing all assigned personnel, supplies, and equipment.
- Respond to Code Blue and implement life-saving measures, per ACLS protocol.
- Interpret EKG rhythm strips on all telemetry patients.
- Monitor special drugs (i.e., Dopamine, Lidocaine, Dobutrex, and Cardizem) and other cardiac drugs, as per protocol.
- Assist physician with procedures, as needed (i.e., thoracentesis, chest tube insertion, and venous access devices).
- Assumes the responsibility of charging the unit, as needed.
- Responsible for assessment of patient with telemetry monitoring and/or continuous pulse oximeter.
- Draw blood from venous lines.
- Scan supplies from P.O.U. area. Responsible for ensuring Through-Put Plan is enforced and followed.
- Responsible for scanning patient armbands and administering medications via E-MAR.
- Responsible for entering orders via Order Management in computer
What qualifications you will need:
- Current Texas Licensure with State Board of Nurse Examiners
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BLCLS) and Certification
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and Certification within six months of employment
- EKG competency prior to completion of orientation period
- Associates Degree in Nursing required, Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) preferred
- Two years’ experience as a Staff RN in Intermediate and/or Progressive Care setting
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.