Coordinating Imaging Procedures
Employment Type: Full-Time
Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our Coordinating Imaging Procedures opening with St. David's South Austin Medical Center today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
At St. David's South Austin Medical Center, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
* Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
* Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
* 401K(100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
* Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
* Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
* Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
* Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
* Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
* Adoption Assistance
* Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
We are seeking a(an) Coordinating Imaging Procedures for our team to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Coordinator Imaging Procedures, you play a key role in the communication and coordination of all outpatient CT guided procedures for new and returning patients. You will serve as a liaison between Imaging Services, BMT Outpatient and Texas Oncology
* You will be the first point of contact for new/returning patients and referring provider practices
* You will schedule all patients for procedures, ensuring insurance coverage
* You will ensure health records are obtained for referral visit which includes clinical background, diagnostic history and valid procedural orders
* You will manage calls from referring providers and patients, ensuring requests are addressed in a timely manner
* You will contact patients and coordinate appointments (date/time) and educates patients regarding expectations of each visit
* You will maintain knowledge of the schedule, at least 3-5 days in advance, to ensure department readiness
* You will acknowledge, file and send emails via Outlook, ensuring an open line of communication between physicians, staff, management and patients
* You will create patient record with appropriate documentation prior to initial patient visit
* You will be responsible for ensuring care team receives new patient records to include valid orders and up to date histories prior to initial patient visit
* You will collaborate visits with multidisciplinary care team to provide a well-coordinated patient visit
* You will communicate with patients on key hospital information which includes, but is not limited to, facility location, parking, valet services, key contact numbers and anticipated length of visit You will maintain confidentiality and HIPAA privacy laws during interactions with provider practices, patients, and caregivers
What qualifications you will need:
* 1-2 years unit secretary or equivalent experience - preferred
* High school graduate or GED equivalent
* Post high-school training including medical terminology and knowledge of diagnostic testing
Licenses and Certifications
* Medical Assistant certification - preferred
St. David's South Austin Medical Center is an acute-care facility in central Texas with more than 300 patient beds. The hospital is known in the community for its nationally accredited oncology program - the Sarah Cannon Blood Cancer Center, home to the area's only adult bone marrow transplant program - and Level II trauma center. The facility's full range of specialized services includes cardiovascular care and rehabilitation, imaging services, women's services, joint replacement and orthopedics, surgical services including weight loss surgery, wound care, emergency care, cancer care, nutrition services, and a sleep disorder center. The hospital operates three full-service emergency centers.
St. David's South Austin Medical Center is part of St. David's HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David's HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits - St. David's Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
'Across HCA Healthcare's more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow.'- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our Coordinating Imaging Procedures opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.