Employment Type: Full-Time
Join our growing world-class response center in Salem, NH and help travelers in need around the world every day!
For more than two decades, On Call International, a leading provider of travel risk management and travel assistance services, has helped millions of people with their travel problems, big and small. From serious medical and security emergencies, to lost passports and missing luggage, On Call is dedicated to our mission of helping travelers every day-and now YOU have a unique opportunity to help us carry out this mission!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Claims Assistant in our Salem, NH office. This position will report to the Specialty Claims Supervisor.
The Claims Assistant is required to support the Global Response Center in all aspects of claim transaction by recording and processing client and vendor invoices for reimbursement on services On Call provided. The Claims Assistant adjudicates claims and provides service to existing clients and internal and external customers relating to any future, active, or past claim.
Relying on limited experience and knowledge, the Claims Assistant is responsible for accomplishing the following assignments. These assignments are varied in nature and frequently non-routine.
* Perform initial and ongoing claims processing including setting up claim files, performing data entry, scanning documents, and preparing loss runs.
* Set up and maintain a diary of follow-up and deadline dates.
* Set up and maintain a registry of claim checks to be distributed.
* Review claim documents and prepare a basic summary detailing claim specifics.
* Respond to and contact claimants, insured, and other related parties to obtain and relay basic information concerning the claim process.
* Draft, prepare, and process various types of correspondence including acknowledgement of new claims, coverage position letters, indemnity/expense checks, etc.
* Perform incoming and outgoing mail distribution.
* Provide ad hoc information as requested to support current work and special projects.
* Assist other claims personnel as needed during the claims process including setting up claim files or other associated tasks.
* Perform general clerical duties such as copying, faxing, filing, data entry, indexing, scanning documents, answering phones, and operating departmental office equipment.
Position Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements:
* High school diploma or equivalent. Associates degree is preferred.
* Minimum of two years of relevant and progressive administrative, clerical experience
* Insurance Adjusters License is preferred
* Experience using PeopleSoft Financials system is preferred
* Possess and have ability to apply basic knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures
* Good written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy
* Good organizational and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
* Intermediate proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office package (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word)
If your experience matches these requirements, please apply WITH A COVER LETTER INCLUDING SALARY RANGE REQUIREMENTS.
Tokio Marine HCC Group of companies offers a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking energetic and confident individuals to join our team of professionals. The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies is an equal-opportunity employer.
Please visit www.tmhcc.com for more information about our companies.