Nurse Roster - Cath Lab
Employment Type: Full-Time
HCMC has a current opening for a Roster Nurse in our Resource Management team serving the Cath Lab needs.
Roster nurses are nurses with no regularly scheduled hours and who meet the requirements set forth in Article 32 of the current Contract Agreement between HCMC and MNA. A roster nurse is required to work at least four open shifts per four (4) week scheduling period at straight time, including at least one evening or night shift, two weekend shifts, and one additional shift of the nurse's choice. Roster nurses must also work a minimum of two (2) of the following holidays shifts per calendar year: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, or Christmas Day. A minimum of one of the holidays must be a winter holiday (New Year's, Thanksgiving, or Christmas).
* This position also has the potential for cross-training to other procedure areas(IR, ECHO).
Within the context of the Hennepin County Medical Center 'Centered Around You' Patient & Family Centered Care practice model, and under general supervision, the registered nurse provides and coordinates nursing care by:
* Protecting, promoting wellness and optimizing health
* Triaging patients by assessing severity of symptoms and referral to appropriate setting or level of care
* Alleviating suffering through nursing interventions and prescribed treatments
* Partnering with the patient, their family and significant others
* Documenting interventions and an individualized plan of care
* Educating patient on their disease process
* Assuring continuity of care
* Educating patient and family in preventative care which promotes health and well being
* 2 years of recent cath lab experience (STEMI call)
* ACLS certifiation
* Ability to wear lead aprons during cases and able to stand for long periods of time and assist with moving patients, including wheelchairs, beds, and carts.
* Graduation from an accredited school of nursing
* Possession of a valid license as a Registered Nurse issued by the State of Minnesota
* Bachelor's or master's degree in nursing from an accredited college