Head Waiter - American Queen Voyages
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Head Waiter is responsible for the management and supervision of various food and beverage employees under the direction of the Food & Beverage Manager. This position oversees an assigned dining and beverage area onboard the vessel, as well as temporary service locations and other special projects, as assigned.
In addition to the application process please copy and paste the link below into a separate browser window for consideration. It is a quick survey that takes 7-10 minutes to complete.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Supervises kitchen waiter area and dining area cleaning
* Train and evaluate employees in, service, delivery, food prep and safety
* Assign duties to wait staff including, inventory & inspection of food, liquor, equipment and tableware
* Responsible for the cleanness and correctness of entire area of operation, including, but not limited to: table settings, buffets, storage rooms and areas, flooring and carpet, light fixtures and ventilation, wine cabinets, preparation areas, hand sinks, tools, and equipment, podiums, signage, interior windows, fire stations, and office spaces
* Responsible for the ensuring cleanness and adherence of the personnel uniforms and grooming standards for assigned employees
* May be required to wait tables and/or otherwise fill in for others, as needed
* Assists Waiters and Food & Beverage Servers with service, as necessary
* Responsible for the maintenance, cleanliness and working equipment of his/her assigned dining and bar area; reporting any issues immediately to the Food & Beverage Manager
* Welcomes passengers into the dining room, lounges and other venues, handles all necessary seating arrangements and solicits feedback about quality of service, food and beverages
* May be required to serve as relief to the Food and Beverage Manager at times
* At times, will assist Food & Beverage Manager with administrative tasks, i.e. scheduling, inventory, reporting, etc.
* Be the link between the crew and the Food and Beverage Manager; keep the Food & Beverage Manager updated about all necessary departmental items or crew issues
* Provide assistance to other crewmembers and departments to contribute to the best overall operation of the Company
* Participate and ensure participation of all USCG mandated drills and emergency procedures as directed
* Performs other duties if required since above stated describe only a regular working day and may not be inclusive of every task needed to achieve results
Requirements & Qualifications
* HS Diploma or Equivalent Required
* Professional Certification(s) or License:
* TABC Permit (Server Permit)
* Valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) - if applicable, and/or ability to obtain and maintain
* Copy of DD214, if Veteran status
Skills & Abilities:
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Four to five years of experience in a full service operation
* Previous experience managing dining room and bar
* Experience in supervision and training of employees
* Cruise industry experience preferred
* Must be at least 21 years of age.
* Submit to and pass alcohol and drug tests as mandated by the USCG including but not limited to pre-employment, random, reasonable suspicion and post-accident/incident testing.
Our Values- RESPECT
At Hornblower Group and American Queen Voyages, our mission is to create amazing experiences - not only for our guests, but our employees. Our company values (RESPECT) and operating principles (Hornblower 12) allow us to live out our mission of creating amazing experiences.
RESPECT stands for: Respect, Environment, Safety First, Professionalism, Exceed, Communication and Teamwork. Our Operating Principles, known as the Hornblower 12 demonstrate the ways we promise to engage to live those values:
* We treat others - guests and fellow crew members alike - with Respect, by fostering a diverse and inclusive environment.
* We are stewards of the Environment through practicing conservation, protection and education.
* We believe in Safety First by creating and maintaining a safe and secure workplace.
* We are Professional, and will demonstrate that in the following ways:
* We are on time - to start and stop - and we come prepared.
* We make objective data- and logic-based decisions with limited emotion.
* We prioritize by making difficult trade-offs and fast, quality decisions. We follow the 80:100 rule, making decisions that are at least 80% right, but 100% actionable.
* We Exceed expectations, embracing these principles:
* As employees, we expect to win, but always prepare and passionately compete like an underdog.
* We strive to innovate and reinvent, always looking forward and not stuck in the past.
* We value Communication, by following guiding principles:
* We listen to each other - fellow crew members and guests - and are responsive, vehemently following the 24-hour rule.
* We are transparent and efficient in our processes and do not entertain politics and bureaucracy.
* Teamwork helps drive us towards success, and together we embody teamwork by:
* We function as a team, playing our role and trusting our teammates.
* We work hard but have fun and don't take ourselves too seriously.
* And most importantly, we take the time to recognize and celebrate our successes together under the Hornblower family!
American Queen Voyages is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and or harassment based upon race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military statue, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additionally, the Company participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.