Linen Keeper/Tailor - American Queen Voyages
Employment Type: Full-Time
In addition to the application process please copy and paste the link below into a separate browser window for consideration.
Under the supervision of the Chief Housekeeper, the tailor's duty is to see that all linens, terry and some uniforms are processed efficiently and thoroughly, as well as is responsible for alterations, tailoring, hemming, repairing of linens, uniforms, etc. These items are part of several departments (dining room, housekeeping, etc) and the perfect presentation of these items is essential to the overall daily operations of the American Queen.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Possess and execute complete knowledge of wardrobe policies
* Maintain inventory levels by accurately tracking uniforms that are distributed and collected, and provide requisition information to operating managers based on assessed needs
* Report uniform quality and maintenance problems to the Executive Housekeeper
* Reports any safety hazards to assigned supervisor
* Alter and repair garments, and linens according to department policies and standards
* Operate all machinery in a safe and efficient manner
* Tag and/or mark garments as needed
* Keeps accurate records of all material needed and used to alter and repair garments.
* Issues uniforms to newly sign-on crew
* Repairs and recycles discarded linens and towels
* Assist in Laundry as needed and/or assigned by supervisor
* To read and follow all memos/directives as issued by company management
* Participate and ensure participation of all USCG mandated drills and emergency procedures as directed
* Performs other duties if required since above stated describe only a regular working day and may not be inclusive of every task needed to achieve results
Requirements & Qualifications
* HS Diploma or Equivalent Required
* Professional Certification(s) or License:
* Valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) - if applicable, and/or ability to obtain and maintain
* Copy of DD214, if Veteran status
Skills & Abilities:
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills
* Attention to detail and well-organized
* Ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization
* Three to four years of experience required in a position with similar duties and responsibilities
* Cruise industry experience preferred
* Must be at least 21 years of age.
* Submit to and pass alcohol and drug tests as mandated by the USCG including but not limited to pre-employment, random, reasonable suspicion and post-accident/incident testing.
At Hornblower Group and American Queen Voyages, our mission is to create amazing experiences - not only for our guests, but our employees. Our company values (RESPECT) and operating principles (Hornblower 12) allow us to live out our mission of creating amazing experiences.
RESPECT stands for: Respect, Environment, Safety First, Professionalism, Exceed, Communication and Teamwork. Our Operating Principles, known as the Hornblower 12 demonstrate the ways we promise to engage to live those values:
* We treat others - guests and fellow crew members alike - with Respect, by fostering a diverse and inclusive environment.
* We are stewards of the Environment through practicing conservation, protection and education.
* We believe in Safety First by creating and maintaining a safe and secure workplace.
* We are Professional, and will demonstrate that in the following ways:
* We are on time - to start and stop - and we come prepared.
* We make objective data- and logic-based decisions with limited emotion.
* We prioritize by making difficult trade-offs and fast, quality decisions. We follow the 80:100 rule, making decisions that are at least 80% right, but 100% actionable.
* We Exceed expectations, embracing these principles:
* As employees, we expect to win, but always prepare and passionately compete like an underdog.
* We strive to innovate and reinvent, always looking forward and not stuck in the past.
* We value Communication, by following guiding principles:
* We listen to each other - fellow crew members and guests - and are responsive, vehemently following the 24-hour rule.
* We are transparent and efficient in our processes and do not entertain politics and bureaucracy.
* Teamwork helps drive us towards success, and together we embody teamwork by:
* We function as a team, playing our role and trusting our teammates.
* We work hard but have fun and don't take ourselves too seriously.
* And most importantly, we take the time to recognize and celebrate our successes together under the Hornblower family!
American Queen Voyages is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and or harassment based upon race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military statue, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additionally, the Company participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.