RN FT East team M-F 8-5
Employment Type: Full-Time
Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
Coordinates, monitors, and follows plan of care for assigned patients. Provides nursing care, education and support to the patient/family and/or care givers. Promotes professional integrity. Participates in interdisciplinary team.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Provides professional, courteous nursing service to the patient consistent with knowledge, training
* Implements and coordinates plan of care. Assesses the patient's physical and emotional condition. Updates care plans as needed.
* Demonstrates understanding of Interdisciplinary Team concept, cooperating and working with all team members for effective patient care. Demonstrates positive team work behavior.
* Educates Patient/Family/Caregiver/Nursing Home Staff on administration of medication, symptom management and pain control as directed by physicians and Hospice of Marion County, Inc. standing orders and protocol when applicable.
* Record observation of reactions and any side effects of medications.
* Informs the team PFCC of the patient's disease progression and all other appropriate clinical matters concerning the patient/family unit for which she/he has responsibility.
* Maintains current knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid benefits, Co-op, private insurance, supportive care, continuous care and in-patient requirements.
* Maintains confidentiality of patient/family information regarding disease, diagnosis, financials, or other information obtained during the course of employment.
* Adheres to professional standards of practice for nursing
* Ensures compliance with each contract vendor as contract relates to care plan, approved Hospice services, and appropriate supplies and medications provided by Hospice.
* Educates patient/caregiver on proper and safe use of durable medical equipment and oxygen administration.
* Maintains an up to date knowledge and understanding of local, state and federal laws impacting upon the practice of nursing in the Hospice setting.
* Uses good body mechanics when lifting or transferring patients, utilizing equipment when necessary.
* Maintains Standard Precautions and uses necessary personal protective equipment, in order to maintain a safe environment in conjunction with OSHA regulations.
* Requests Chaplain/volunteer services as indicated by patient and/or family to provide spiritual support, emotional support and respite services to family and caregiver.
* Provides nursing on call coverage for the patient/family unit on a 24 hour, seven (7) day week basis, as assigned. Covers for peers during vacations and at other times of agency needs.
* Completes, submits, and maintains all required documentation in a timely manner according to policy, including but not limited to, progress notes, IDT Reports; Time and Travel Logs; Phone Logs and Transfers, Monthly and Discharge Summaries.
* Performs ongoing chart review of medical records and documentation by other disciplines.
* Performs thorough, accurate supervisory visits for CNA/HHA within guidelines required by hospice policy and regulatory agencies.
* Attends IDT meetings prepared to present patient's current status and plan for continuation of care.
* Collaborates with primary physician on an ongoing basis to ensure optimal symptom control and continuity of care plan.
* Actively participates in recertification process by verifying dates of benefit periods, facilitating appointments with primary physician as needed, and submitting required documentation in a timely manner for review by Medical Director or designee.
* Participates in the orientation/training of new staff through shadowing, communication of acceptable performance standards, promotion of Hospice philosophy and procedures.
STRATEGIC RESPONSIBILITIES FOR ALL EMPLOYEES:
* Participates proactively in improving performance at the individual, departmental and organizational levels.
* Actively sets goals related to the Strategic Challenges and is accountable for meeting goals at annual evaluation.
* Reports to work and meetings at expected times, prepared to work, and adheres to scheduled hours.
* Utilizes work time effectively and completes quality work in prescribed time using appropriate time management skills and resources.
* Provides superior customer service to all internal and external customers.
* Cooperates and functions as a team member within the organization.
* Exhibits flexibility and demonstrates dependability within the organization.
* Demonstrates courtesy and respect when dealing with fellow staff members, volunteers, and customers.
* Demonstrates willingness to accept responsibility and accountability in assigned duties.
* Demonstrates ability to perform job under stressful situations.
* Exhibits exceptional communications skills.
* Complies with policies, procedures and standard practices, including A-1000.
* Represents Hospice of Marion County, Inc. professionally at all times through positive customer interactions, exceptional written and verbal communications and appropriate business attire/ personal appearance.
* Complies with all Federal, State, and local government regulations, maintaining a strong position against fraud and abuse.
* Adheres to all safety and security policies.
* Maintains the confidentiality of patients, families, colleagues, customers, other sensitive situations and adheres to all HIPAA policies.
* Uses resources in a fiscally responsible manner.
* Promotes Hospice of Marion County, Inc. through participation in community and professional organizations.
* Shares expertise with co-workers both formally and informally.
* Understands, adheres to and promotes the Mission, Vision, and Values.
* Participates in orienting new employees, volunteers and students.
* Meets or exceeds Quality Improvement Standards and Standards of Excellence in all areas of practice.
* Remains in the service area during emergencies, and as appropriate and/or as scheduled, to work up to, during, and after the emergency to assist in providing quality care to all patients/clients. If you reside in a mandatory evacuation area and so must evacuate, or if there are any special family needs that need to be accommodated, management must be notified. Management will be sensitive to those needs but must be kept apprised of your location and a source of contact during an emergency so that, if required, they are able to reach you. (See Policy A/HR-510)