IT Project Leader, Corporate Applications
Employment Type: Full-Time
Howmet Aerospace (NYSE: HWM) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing techniques, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensure customer success and shareholder value.
Howmet Aerospace is currently in search of an IT Project Leader, Corporate Applications to join the Global Information Systems group in Pittsburgh, PA.
This is an experienced position within the Global Information Services (GIS) organization of Howmet Aerospace. The principal challenges of this position are to provide technical expertise to the Business Process Owners; lead the global development, deployment and implementation of new systems, technologies and information solutions; to understand and direct others in supporting and enhancing existing systems and technologies; monitor and direct off-shore resources in providing daily and monthly support and development; ensure Howmet Aerospace's standards, procedures are followed. The incumbent will act as an internal consultant to Howmet Aerospace's businesses and various customer groups with primary application accountabilities. The candidate will be trained to come up to speed on our current environment.
Primary responsibilities include:
* Engage in support and development responsibilities; participate in the delivery of all related projects in the associated application area
* Understand and direct others in supporting and enhancing existing system and technology; apply and teach Howmet Aerospace's standards, procedures, and technologies.
* Provide project and related budget management for information technology and key information system initiatives
* Ensure all GIS' system development and change control methodologies and compliance processes (ASATs) are understood and followed
Major activities/Key challenges:
* Develop a thorough understanding of the business processes or technologies in area(s) of assignment; effectively and efficiently satisfy the data processing and information requirements of the business; participate in and learn how to perform the analysis of the customer's processes to identify gaps and opportunities for improvement.
* Modifies/extends/uses concepts and practices to solve problems and create solutions
* Provides advice and counsel with respect to the applications, systems, or technologies in assigned area of responsibility
* Drives for successful implementation of business solutions and leads project teams to drive projects to completion
* Establishes and maintains an effective working relationship across the organization, with leadership, customers, and suppliers
* Leads small to large-scale projects and implementation efforts following the Project Management Methodology, which includes project schedule planning and tracking, budgeting, resource management, communications, and customer
* Provides direction for day-to-day activities of the team including accountability for the support delivered through 3rd parties
* Develops project budgets, and monitors vendor financial activity
* Partner with customers and Corporate IT Security to manage our intellectual property, learning and other area systems and ongoing security requirements as they change.
* Identify, establish, and support value-added cross-functional process, data, and system linkages
* Pursue continuous learning consistent with the movement in the job requirements and changes in technology
* Provides timely, accurate, and required documentation and status reporting as needed
* Operates in and complies with as well as provides input to Howmet Aerospace standards and controls (e.g. ASAT) and adheres to industry standards as appropriate (e.g. Project Management)
* Works to continuously improve relationships with partners including the collaboration to resolve support issues and deliver enhancement requests
* Coordinates communications of key events and provide input to procurement activities
* Conducts and/or recommends learning & development opportunities for others
* Works as part of a geographically dispersed team (e.g. local, global) using a variety of technologies and acknowledges & accommodates, where appropriate, any variance in time zones and native language
* Support with all guidelines detailed in the IT compliance standards (with a specific focus on business partnerships, change control, disaster recovery, and security for assigned area(s) of responsibility
* Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution
* Minimum 5 years of experience in Information Technology support, including experience with business analysis and project management.
* Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
* Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology from an accredited institution and/or advanced degree.
* Demonstrates fundamental understanding of business applications, processes, and technology including Microsoft and Oracle solutions.
* Demonstrates customer service skills and mindedness
* Effective verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong human relation skills and be able to interact with internal and external customers, vendors, other IS professionals, and GIS management.
* Be able to provide work direction to mid-size teams.
* Out of the box thinking to evaluate alternate solutions
* Demonstrates a solid understanding of system life cycle.
* Project management experience in leading several small to large projects, and demonstrate a solid understanding of project management processes, methodologies, and techniques, including traditional, hybrid and agile.