Care Coach - Charlotte/Sarasota/Collier/DeSoto County
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Care Coach 1 assesses and evaluates member's needs and requirements to achieve and/or maintain optimal wellness state by guiding members/families toward and facilitate interaction with resources appropriate for the care and wellbeing of members. The Care Coach 1 work assignments are often straightforward and of moderate complexity.
The Care Coach 1
* Visit Medicaid members in their homes, Assisted Living Facilities, and/or Long Term Care Facilities and other care settings - 75-90% local travel
* Assesses and evaluates member's needs and requirements in order to establish a member specific care plan
* Ensures members are receiving services in the least restrictive setting in order to achieve and/or maintain optimal well-being
* Planning and implementing interventions to meet those needs
* Coordinating services, and monitoring and evaluating the case management plan against the member's personal goals
* Guides members/families towards resources appropriate for their care
* Services are driven by facilitating interactions with other payer sources, providers, interdisciplinary teams and others involved in the member's care as appropriate and required by our comprehensive contract
* Care Coaches shall meet one of the following qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Sociology, Psychology, Gerontology or related field
* Registered Nurse (RN) licensed in the state of Florida at least 2 years of relevant experience
* Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), licensed in the state of Florida, with at least 4 years of relevant experience.
* Previous experience with electronic case note documentation and experience with documenting in multiple computer applications/systems
* This role is part of Humana's Driver safety program and therefore requires an individual to have a valid state driver's license and proof of personal vehicle liability insurance with at least 100,000/300,000/100,000 limits.
* Intermediate to advanced computer skills and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
* This role is considered patient facing and is a part of Humana's Tuberculosis (TB) screening program. If selected for this role, you will be required to be screened for TB.
* AHCA Fingerprint Required.
* Must provide a high speed DSL or cable modem for a home office (Satellite and Wireless Internet service is NOT allowed for this role). A minimum standard speed for optimal performance of 10x1 (10mbs download x 1mbs upload) is required
* Ability to work Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00pm
* Medication application (RFA) experience
* Prior experience with Medicare & Medicaid recipients
* Prior nursing home diversion or long term care case management experience
* Experience working with geriatric population
* Experience with health promotion, coaching and wellness
* Knowledge of community health and social service agencies and additional community resources
As part of our hiring process, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology provided by Modern Hire, a third-party vendor. This technology provides our team of recruiters and hiring managers an enhanced method for decision-making.
If you are selected to move forward from your application prescreen, you will receive correspondence inviting you to participate in a pre-recorded Voice Interview and/or an SMS Text Messaging interview. If participating in a pre-recorded interview, you will respond to a set of interview questions via your phone. You should anticipate this interview to take approximately 10-15 minutes.
In order to support the CDC recommendations on social distancing and reduce health risks for associates, members and public health, Humana is deploying virtual and video technologies for all hiring activities. This position may be subject to temporary work at home requirements for an indefinite period of time. These requirements include access to a personal computing device with a camera, a minimum internet connection speed of 10m x 1m, and a dedicated secure home workspace for interview or work purposes. Humana continues to monitor the situation, and will adjust service levels as the coronavirus situation evolves. The following changes are temporary and will be evaluated frequently with the goal of returning to normal operations as soon as possible. Your Talent Acquisition representative will advise on the latest recommendations to protect your health and wellbeing during the hiring process. #ThriveTogether #WorkAtHome
Scheduled Weekly Hours