CDL Class A Truck Driver
Employment Type: Full-Time
Huttig Truck Drivers promptly deliver products to its customers by operating a tractor trailer vehicle. As the first point of contact for our clients, Huttig Truck Drivers will be courteous, knowledgeable, and equipped to provide an exceptional customer experience.
* Operates tractor-trailer truck according to training, safety and regulatory guidelines
* Promptly unloads and delivers Huttig products to its customers
* Maintains truck log according to company, state and federal regulations
* Ensures cleanliness and routinely inspects truck equipment and supplies, such as, tires installing light bulbs, tire chains, and spark plugs
* Maintains cargo and driver safety by securing positioning blocks and ropes around cargo during transit
* Other duties as described by manager
* High school diploma or equivalent with 2+ years of experience
* CDL Class A License and meet all federal and state driver's license regulations
* Ability to read, write, and comprehend instructions, correspondences, and memos
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Exceptional finger and manual dexterity required to successfully perform required tasks, including the ability to frequently lift up to 85 pounds and/or pushing 100 pounds, bend, crouch, stand, and sit for long durations.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment requires the employee to work regularly near moving mechanical parts and to be exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee will operate a tractor trailer with the capacity of more than 3 tons and between 24ft and 53ft long. Occasionally, the employee is exposed to harsh outside weather conditions. This position may require the employee to use safety equipment such as, protective eyewear, earplugs, gloves, safety shoes etc. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Reports to Operations Manager