Watson Health Senior Solution Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
As a Package Consultant at IBM, get ready to tackle numerous mission-critical company directives. Our team takes on the challenge of designing, developing and re-engineering highly complex application components and integrating software packages using various tools. You will use a mix of consultative skills, business knowledge, and technical expertise to effectively integrate packaged technology into our clients' business environment and achieve business results.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Preferred cities: Cleveland OH, Chicago IL, Ann Arbor MI or Remote
The Senior Solution Manager is seen as a Team Leader that mentors others and is adept at handling larger, more complex opportunities, that might include partner deals or large deals that have many parts. They may also multitask with dotted line responsibilities to other teams, such as Lifecycle Management and Effectiveness. Like the Solution Manager they are also primarily responsible for working with a combination of Sales, Technical Sales or other technical professionals including Solution Architects, Delivery or Implementation staff, Offering Management and Watson Health Clients to develop both a scope of work for services and a related staff plan for new and follow-on opportunities within Watson Health Market Segments. The Senior Solution Manager is also responsible for having an in-depth understanding of the contracting process. The Senior Solution Manager may be called upon to work proactively with the sales team to drive progress and qualification of opportunities and drive these contracts through the IBM Watson Health contracting process.
* Provide Services leadership as an extended member of the sales team and work closely with clients and Watson Health stakeholders to progress Watson Health deals through their sales cycles.
* Manage large and complex deals.
* Play a leadership role and document the overall technical approach for solutions to be delivered, participate in the high-level discovery of the technical aspects of the solution, and work with the extended IBM team to create a services contract that describes the key aspects of the solution and the effort and cost of delivering the solution proposed.
* Participate in Deal Reviews when requested.
* Utilize defined tools to advance contracts through the approval process and provide deal status and other reports as requested.
* Execute against business commitments for risk management, deal profitability, value-add client relationships and IBM teaming.
* Provides end-to-end management of all required approvals when working without a Contract Manager (see Contract Manager Job Description).
* Own the documentation, storage and internal publication of Solutioning artifacts and opportunity tracking including contracts drafts and final and price cases or files.
* Analyze and quantify client needs and assists sales in developing implementation strategies tailored to each market segment.
* Performs profitability analysis as requested using IBM financial tools, using labor estimates and pricing as inputs.
* Effectively transition customer relationships to the delivery team after contracts are executed.
* Provides regular feedback to the leadership team, product and offering management, operations, and other functional teams as appropriate. Participate in sales post-mortem calls as requested.
* Use your in depth knowledge of our contracting process to mentor others and be perceived as a team leader in the organization.
* Assist other teams as needed.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Strong background and an in depth understanding of Lab Services sales, SaaS, and services delivery.
* Solid understanding of IBM revenue recognition rules.
* Excellent attention to detail and documentation skills.
* Experience creating and/or managing software services contracts.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Able to effectively deliver presentations to internal and external groups.
* Able to capture requirements from a diverse group, from senior level executives to front line clients, and adjust techniques to the audience for maximum relevance to the solution.
* Self-motivated and action oriented; able to think and work strategically; able to plan, prioritize and work with a complex schedule of events and activities in a fluid environment.
* Client focused; strong commitment to customer service.
* Exceptional leadership skills; great relationship-building skills and strong virtual team abilities.
* Able to effectively partner, collaborate, and influence others in a highly matrixed organization on a cross-functional team to achieve goals.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* Bachelor's Degree Readiness to travel 10%
* At least 1 year experience in contract creation At least 1 year experience with MS Office products
* English: Fluent
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
* At least 2 years experience in BiTools
* At least 3 years experience in contract creation
* At least 3 years experience with MS Office products
* At least 5 years experience in Client facing role in Sales and/or Services Implementation
* MBA - any discipline Prior experience as a people manager
* Thorough knowledge of IBM Software and Solutions Group contracting process
* Prior experience in hospital data or information technology