Donor Center Technician I
Employment Type: Full-Time
* Essential Job Functions
* Perform pre-donation medical screening and/or assessment, which may include health screening procedures such as blood pressure, temperature check, pulse, capillary tube sample collection via finger stick, hematocrit, and total protein determination via digital refractometer, etc.
* Setup donors for the plasmapheresis procedure by ensuring that the disposable softgoods are installed in the automated plasmapheresis device.
* Disconnect the donor when the pheresis process is complete by ensuring collection targets have been met and recorded appropriately, removing the needle from donor's arm and providing donors with post-donation care education.
* Conduct pre-registration and registration verification activities for new donors.
* Monitor equipment in all areas in which trained for alerts or alarms and takes appropriate action following standard operating procedures.
* Remove equipment from service as necessary.
* Participate in donor flow management by assigning and escorting donors to the appropriate donation area.
* Other duties as assigned.
This job description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Management has exclusive rights to alter this job description at any time without notice.
Education & Experience
* High school diploma or GED required.
* Minimum six (6) months' work experience preferred.
* License or certification where required by the state.
For an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, they should be able to demonstrate the following:
* Good oral and written communication skills
* Provide a pleasant customer service experience
* Ability to read and interpret directions and instructions
* Accurate data entry
* Perform basic math calculations
* Reasoning ability to identify, interpret and apply appropriate information
Physical Requirements of the Job
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
* Use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
* Frequently required to stand; walk, climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. Frequently is defined as being performed from 51% - 75% of the duration of the shift.
* Manual dexterity to perform all phases of donor screening.
* Ability to stand for extended periods of time for up to four (4) hours at a time.
* Ability to lift, tug, pull up to fifty (50) pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
* Noise level is usually moderate. Moderate is described as average.
* May be exposed to freezing temperatures for short timeframes.
* Occupational exposure to bloodborne pathogens.
The sturdiness of its foundation solidifies every organization. At ImmunoTek Bio Centers, LLC, our Core Values are our guide to everyday work and interactions that we have with each other, our donors, and our customers. By aligning our words and actions with our Core Values, this allows the #plasmapeople to breed authenticity. As PLASMA PEOPLE, we demonstrate:
* Passion for people through our relationships with Employees, Donors, and Patient Recipients.
* Leadership at all levels of the organization by maintaining integrity in all of our interactions.
* Accountability by proactively taking ownership of our work.
* Service Excellence through our collective effort to deliver a positive experience to our donors, customers, vendors, and partners.