Employment Type: Full-Time
You may think 'old' when you think of Institute on Aging because we offer services for elders and are a 40+ year institute…. but you wouldn't be more wrong. While we do have a long-standing history in the Bay Area, IOA is on the forefront of revolutionary healthcare models, reshaping the way people can age in place. Our innovative models transform lives, enhance communities, and save healthcare systems millions of dollars. Rather than focusing on archaic outdated design, we strive to consistently question the 'status-quo' and create new and more innovative ways to help aging adults maintain their quality of life. With over 23 programs, we offer multiple ways to aid seniors maintain their health, well-being, independence and participation in the community, fulfilling our mission.
The Human Resources Talent Acquisition department is seeking a Recruiter to join its team in San Francisco, CA. This Recruiter will be responsible for delivering a positive candidate experience by demonstrating effective communication skills and providing candidates with accurate and complete information. The recruiter will also be expected to stay current with industry trends, developments and changes.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Working closely with hiring managers in understanding their business and staffing needs
* Building trusting and positive working relationships by providing recruiting knowledge and strategic recruiting solutions
* Sourcing, recruiting and screening qualified candidates from external and internal sources
* Conducting phone screens and evaluating candidates against a specific job profile and recommending qualified candidates to hiring managers for in-person interviews
* Developing innovative sourcing strategies to increase the quantity, quality and diversity of the candidate pool
* Coordinating and participating in job/community fairs to promote IOA
* Working with hiring managers to guide the interview process, while ensuring a fair and equitable hiring decision
* Consulting with hiring managers to ensure job offers are in line with IOA's compensation philosophy
* 3+ years of recruiting experience; home care experience and knowledge is a plus
* Applicant tracking systems experience preferably with Workday
* Participate in Job Fairs and Events, and build relationships with community based partners on an on-going basis
* Ability to build partnerships and consult effectively with leadership, hiring managers, and teammates
* Ability to develop and execute Internet sourcing strategies
* Excellent communication and customer service skills
* Experience delivering results within a deadline driven environment and with recruiting metrics
* Strong detailed oriented mindset for managing spreadsheets and reports
* BS/BA degree
* Non-profit organization or health care-centric recruiting experience preferred
* Fluency in at least one Asian or European language
* Current/prior recruiting experience within a non-profit agency
* Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
* Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
We encourage you to learn more about IOA by logging onto www.ioaging.org
IOA reserves the right to revise job descriptions or work hours as required.
Institute on Aging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Institute on Aging is committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive work environment and providing equal opportunities to all employees and job applicants without regard to age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neuro-diversity, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records