Employment Type: Full-Time
Interfolio is on a mission to build smart, inspired and useful products for faculty and academic communities. By building an engine for faculty activity, decisions, and data, Interfolio has become the first mover in defining and owning the category of faculty-focused technology that cultivates goal-oriented collaboration around academic decision-making.
Interfolio operates the first holistic faculty information system to support the full lifecycle of faculty work, from job seeking to review, tenure, sabbatical, committee work, research, and beyond. Offering colleges and universities increased clarity and insight into faculty data to help achieve their strategic initiatives, Interfolio believes that advancing the faculty will advance the institution.
* COVID-19 Special Update: Due to COVID-19, our employees are working remotely until further notice. For positions based out of one of our two offices, we will continue to work remotely until the company determines it is safe to return as per guidelines set by the CDC/WHO and other official advising entities in either the US or UK where our staff might be located. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community and will re-open our offices when it is safe to do so and all appropriate safety measures are in place. Travel for staff members has also ceased until the company determines it is safe to travel as per guidelines set by the CDC/WHO and other official advising entities in either the US or UK where our staff might be located.
Interfolio is looking for a UX Designer to join our close knit User Experience team. Our team is passionate about research, design, and collaboration in order to create experiences that improve the lives of the people who use our products.
As a UX Designer, you will be involved in every aspect of the product discovery and development process from user research to build and user validation. You will work closely with Product Managers, Developers, and other stakeholders to create alignment on new features or enhancements to our complex, enterprise platform.
What's even better than that?
We've crafted a fun, collegial, dynamic culture that celebrates team and individual success almost daily. We've got a lean team of super-smart, super-hard working, local and remote colleagues who collaborate closely to produce a valuable service for an industry we're passionate about. And, we genuinely like working with each other and with our clients.
Like what you've heard so far?
Then consider joining our Product Management team.
* Be a thought partner to Product Management in crafting delightful experiences across Interfolio's suite of products (the Faculty Information System)
* Collaborate with members of the Product and User Experience teams to develop and execute on research plans to gather information and identify the problem to be solved
* Synthesize data and user feedback for distribution to stakeholders, and to create alignment on decisions made
* Produce journey maps, wireframes and/or comps based on research and requirements
* Design solutions that align with the Design System for a consistent, scalable and easy to understand experience
* Engage with the development team to ensure completion of stories in line with the intended design
* Collaborate with other team members and decision makers
* 2-3 years of work experience in user experience design, UI/UX, interaction design, product design, or visual design
* Desire to design SAAS software products in a B2B setting
* Deep understanding of product design, user experience, information hierarchy, user-flows, composition, layout, color and typography
* Prior experience conducting, documenting and synthesizing user research
* Ability to iterate your designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently
* Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions
* Demonstrated ability to collaborate with product to understand define user needs and effectively prioritize those with greatest user impact
* Be willing to help colleagues, share knowledge and experience with them, and learn from them
* Familiarity with the following tools: InVision, Sketch, Pendo or equivalents
* Bachelor's Degree and/or completion of a UX bootcamp (like General Assembly, Flatiron School or similar)
* Prior experience delivering software products in a B2B setting
* Higher Education/EdTech domain knowledge
* 3+ years of work experience in user experience design, UI/UX, interaction design, product design, or visual design
* Familiarity with accessibility concerns (WCAG AA 2.1)
* Bachelor's Degree in Interaction Design, User Experience Design, Human Computer Interaction, Product Design, Graphic, Web/Multimedia Design, or with comparable degree or work experience
* Scrum/Agile experience
In addition to a competitive salary, Interfolio offers a robust benefits package that includes medical insurance, unlimited paid time off, a yearly wellness benefit AND professional development stipend, and a fun company culture, which sets us apart! We look forward to you learning more about us!
Interfolio is committed to diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national, social or ethnic origin, age, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate.