Employment Type: Full-Time
IBC Bank successes are the result of an aggressive and innovative attitude. The Bank's 'We Do More' philosophy reflects it's dedication to the growth and success of it's employees, customers and communities. IBC bank hires talented, creative and dedicated individuals to help our business succeed. We are a company that values leadership, community engagement and relationship building that leads to a culture of excellence. We are currently seeking to fill positions across all business segments. IBC's focus is to be customer centric and strive to provide excellent customer experience.
1020 Mortgage Underwriting
Provides support in the Loan Underwriting Department to ensure that loan files are underwritten according to guidelines thoroughly, compliantly and in a timely manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Accurately condition loan file based off loan application and documentation provided
* Email updated conditional approval and loan status.
* Efficiently and effectively process a pipeline of loans on a daily basis consisting of portfolio loans.
* Communicate effectively with referral partners Account Executives.
* Understand and stay current with company policies, procedures, industry regulations and other changes that affect the industry and/or company.
* Analyze highly complex financial and credit information according to underwriting standards.
* Ability to perform daily underwriting duties including Purchase Money and Refinance loans.
* Review HMDA Data in accordance with compliance policies.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
Job responsibilities will include oversight of the following:
* Thorough understanding of underwriting standards of mortgage loan products
* Strong analytical skills and decision-making ability to make lending decisions and translate guidelines
* Ability to work independently and as a team; ability to garner support and collaborate with others
* Ability to motivate and encourage team and peers
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent attention to details
* Strong organizational skills to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
* Ability to provide support and work collaboratively with management to achieve business objectives
* Working knowledge of the Encompass Loan Origination System is favorable
* Stay abreast of any changes in regulations and report to management
* Test updates to operating system for post-closing functions in regard to compliance and report findings
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
* Four-year degree, or high school diploma with 3 years of related experience
* Ability to read and understand, and interpret federal and state regulations
* Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
* Ability to research independently and think critically
* Ability to multitask while maintaining multiple deadlines
* Ability to communicate effectively in a variety of situations
* Ability to lift and carry 20 pounds. Stand or sit for more than an hour. Use computers and monitors for up to four hours at a time. Tolerate general office distractions, including fluorescent lighting, for up to 9 straight hours.
* This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, fax machines, and other specialized equipment.
* Must have transportation to and from primary work location. Some travel may be required.