Parts Delivery Driver
Employment Type: Full-Time
Interstate Companies, Inc., is a dynamic organization that provides rewarding careers for approximately 1,400 employees in its corporate office and five operating units Interstate AssemblySystems, Interstate BearingSystems, Interstate IndustrialSystems, Interstate PowerSystems and I-State Truck Center.
As we have since our founding in 1957 as one of the worlds first Detroit Diesel Engine distributors, we continue to recruit career-oriented individuals who want fulfilling work and opportunities for professional growth. Our employees commitment to the company and its Pride in Service motto helps Interstate Companies deliver exceptional customer service every day.
We are looking for a full-time Warehouse Delivery Driver to join our team!
This position will be responsible for product deliveries, as well as some warehouse duties.
* Drives vehicle to transport stored items from warehouse to customer locations for shipment/delivery
* Read production schedule, orders (customer, work, shipping, requisition, etc.) to determine items to be removed, gathered, or distributed
* Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color or product code
* Fill requisitions, work orders or requests for materials, tools or other stock items and distributes items to workers
* Assemble customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves or transports orders to packing station or shipping department
* Use computer to enter records
* Working experience in a customer service, customer focused position
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Working experience as a delivery driver
* Experience using Excel, Word, Outlook, etc., preferred
* Must have valid drivers license
* Ability to lift up to 35 lbs consistently
* Good knowledge of the area, and ability to read maps and follow specific directions
* Broad range of health (medical, dental and vision) insurance options
* Flexible paid time off and paid holidays
* 401(K) with company match
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Interstate Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage all qualified and interested persons to apply for this position by submitting a resume for consideration.