Systems Administrator - Senior
Employment Type: Full-Time
Jacobs is seeking a qualified systems administrator to support the United States Air Force's 53rd Wing Technical Support Services (53rd WTSS) contract. This contract supports the 53rd Wing and 96th Test Wing, both headquartered at Eglin AFB, FL and having units CONUS-wide. The 53 WG is the focal point for the Combat Air Forces in electronic warfare and is responsible for operational test and evaluation of advanced equipment and systems. The 96 TW is the USAF's test and evaluation center for advanced air-delivered weapons, navigation and guidance systems, and C2 systems. The 53rd WTSS team partners with military and civilian personnel to provide world-class IT technical support for the 53 WG and 96 TW missions. The 53rd WTSS IT support covers full lifecycle IT from concept, to deployment, day-to-day operations / maintenance, and culminating in system retirement / replacement / upgrade.
This position is located at Lackland AFB, TX. Come join our team at Lackland AFB, TX. Lackland AFB is located on the southwestern fringe of San Antonio, TX and encompasses approximately 7,000 acres. It is home to the 37th Training Wing and host the 53rd Wing, 453rd Electronic Warfare Squadron (453 EWS) unit which provides a full spectrum of EW support to DoD and coalition warfighters. The 453 EWS products and services are utilized in a variety of areas, including mission planning, training, and exercises. Come to San Antonio and enjoy a city rich in history and booming with modern attractions.
The successful candidate will be working in a fast-paced, highly-technical, and award-winning area that requires a strong work ethic with a well-rounded server, networking, information assurance (IA), and client systems background. The successful candidate will identify, prioritize, and resolve reported customer issues and problems. Day-to-day, the successful candidate will serve as the on-site expert for:
* Researching, designing, and implementing new hardware and software configurations across operational, development and test environments.
* Supporting, managing and overseeing day-to-day operations of cloud infrastructure consisting of servers, storage, and networking.
* Automating deployment, operations, and maintenance of both cloud-based and on-premises system infrastructure.
* Configuring systems in accordance with site security and operational guidelines.
* Managing enterprise-grade physical and software-based network infrastructure (layer 2/3).
* Managing enterprise-grade physical and software-based storage infrastructure.
* Investigating, analyzing, and resolving technical incidents and performance issues affecting mission systems and infrastructure.
* Providing support to users in the areas of account management, hosted services, and general information systems expertise.
Required Education and Experience:
* 5 years' experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
* 2 years' experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
* Experience researching, designing, and implementing new hardware and software configurations across operational, development and test environments.
* Experience with Linux concepts/utilities such as systemd, auditd, rsyslogd, yum, postfix, Kernel-based Virtual Machine (KVM), Network File System (NFS), and ansible.
* Experience supporting, managing and overseeing day-to-day operations of cloud infrastructure consisting of servers, storage, and networking.
* Active / Valid DoD TS/SCI-eligible clearance (i.e. DCID 6/4 eligibility); applicant must maintain clearance in active/valid status
* Clearance investigation close date must be no older than 5 years, 6 months at the time of application.
* Must be willing to submit to, and be able to pass, a CI polygraph.
* Active / valid DoD 8570.01-M IAT-II certification; applicant must maintain currency of same.
* Active / valid Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification; applicant must maintain currency of same.
* Practical experience with local / wide area network (LAN/WAN) concepts, including basic Cisco switch configuration / management.
* Practical experience with storage area network (SAN) concepts, including basic Brocade switch configuration/management.
* Practical experience with Network Attached Storage (NAS) concepts, including basic NetApp array configuration / management.
* Practical experience identifying and implementing automation opportunities to eliminate repetitive tasks.
* Practical experience working with third party vendors during system development / troubleshooting.
* Practical experience developing system documentation.
Office setting that includes sedentary physical effort. However, may include lifting of weight up to thirty (30) pounds as necessary. Must be able to work well with co-workers and all levels of management. No hazards on job or unusual environmental conditions. Work site is located at Lackland AFB, TX.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require typing, and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, including but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work, walking moderate to long distance may be required.
Equipment and Machines
Ability to operate office equipment such as personal computer, printer, copy machine, telephone, fax machine and other equipment including desk supplies and other work related tools as required.
Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Regular attendance of scheduled hours is extremely important, but not critical, except for deadlines and meetings. Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines. Must exhibit flexibility of work hours to adjust to surge situations based on critical mission requirements.
Other Essential Functions
Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers. Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to employees or others. Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner. Independent personal transportation to work site is required. Travel to and from customer's locations may be required to support projects. This may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can possibly be made for POV, if necessary. When operating any vehicle for work purposes, must wear seat belt and in addition, no cellular devices are to be used when vehicle is in motion.
Jacobs is a global technology company, delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world. We test, operate, sustain, and secure critical infrastructures and weapons systems using unique technology application and agile software development capabilities to improve mission capability and operational readiness. Jacobs' deep experience with advanced technology systems and our wide-ranging program support capabilities work together to make us a premier partner to aerospace and defense clients at locations around the world.