Engineering Associate - 3rd Shift
Employment Type: Full-Time
What you will do
An Engineering Associate is responsible for accurate and timely completion of testing on assigned projects. Will assist Test Engineers with planning, set up and implementation of test plans in support of chiller platform development. Works with other members of test lab team by training and supporting in the execution of test plans and engineering protocols. Trains test operators in testing functions. Also provides troubleshooting and corrective action support for instrumentation and data quality issues during execution of tests.
How you will do it:
* Support configuration, setup, and continual validation of expected operation of various temperature, pressure and power meters and measuring devices using established company procedures and schedules.
* Program test and control sequences into data acquisition software for the automated operation of test facilities.
* Organize and keep current any required instrumentation lists and automated test protocols.
* Test data review for the accuracy, validation and comparison to expected results for test protocols.
* Assist in developing, writing and maintaining procedures for equipment operation, facility operation, or engineering test.
* First-level support response in troubleshooting on-going platform or component test.
* Provide required logistics and documentation support for the above duties in accordance with established company procedures and policies.
* Assist in developing and training other employees.
* Works closely with Test Lab team to construct/assemble new equipment and instrumentation as required.
* Provide direction to test lab personnel on specific work assignments.
* Adheres to the Company's Code of Conduct and Business Ethics standards
What we look for
* Associate Degree in HVAC, Computer Science, Information Systems, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Engineering Technology OR a minimum of 2 years of equivalent practical work experience in a relevant technical engineering test environment.
* Familiarity with industrial HVAC systems, LabVIEW software platform, design of test protocols.
* Ability to provide technical support to various engineering departments.
* Understanding of standard technical principles, theories, concepts, techniques and processes.
* Provides basic assistance to engineering in problem resolution. Identifies hardware and software functionality.
* Design, fabricate, or arrange for fabrication and testing of parts, components and systems.
* Review specifications and resolve design discrepancies.
* Ability to collect and analyze data.
* Ability to prepare sketches and drawings for drafting, prepare graphs, design documents, and component data sheets.
* Perform simple routine system and component calculations, selections and write specifications.
* Coordinate between customer and other departments to design, build and test components and systems.
* Troubleshoot nonconforming systems and components for manufacturing, service, test lab, etc.
* Ability to perform tests and suggest test procedures.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.