Route Service & Sales Rep II
Employment Type: Full-Time
What you will do
We are currently looking to hire a Route Service & Sales Representative. This is your opportunity to make a contribution to the world around you, to add real value to our customers, and to help us deliver solutions that will have a lasting impact. You will maintain and grow a route performing inspection, service and repair of suppression product lines that include fire extinguishers, emergency lights and pre-engineered kitchen hood systems.
How you will do it
* Up-sell and cross-sell new product offerings and services to existing customers consistently ensuring compliance with current fire code regulations.
* Sell new accounts on the route based on the same compliance criteria.
* Accurately discern and document deficiencies found during an inspection.
* Make recommendations based on manufactures specification and state/local national codes; quote, sell and repair while on-site.
* Responsible for meeting customer expectations while performing quality service.
* Professionally represent the company.
* Maintain proper stock of equipment, parts, and supplies.
* Inform all customers of deficiencies and upgrades by using Fire Protection Deficiency Report
* Survey target accounts for marketing follow up.
* Perform all DOT required safety practices paperwork.
* Complete all paperwork in a professional manner.
* Attend all required training and/or meetings.
* Perform other duties as directed.
What we look for:
* High School Diploma or Equivalent
* Have a valid driver's license and a driving record that meets company requirements.
* 18 Years of age or older
* Must be able to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test.
* Mechanical aptitude.
* Sales capability.
* Customer Service/Sales experience
* Route sales experience
* Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools weighing up to 50 pounds.
* Ability to adhere to and follow safety guidelines and procedures.
* Self-starter that can work with little to no supervision.
* Must have excellent communication skills, using tact and diplomacy when dealing with customers.
* Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly.
What else you will get
Supportive team environment, flexible schedule, mobile device, laptop, company vehicle. Add to that a competitive salary, best in class benefits package that starts on day 1, which includes medical, dental & vision, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, paid time off and career growth opportunities.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers.