Security and Fire Systems Install
Employment Type: Full-Time
Why work at Johnson Controls
Johnson Controls is powered by your talent. We are the power behind the customer mission. Together we are building a world that is safe, comfortable, and sustainable. Our diverse global team of 117,000 experts in more than 150 countries creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and environments more comfortable and secure.
What you will do
Proficient at maintaining, repairing, installing, and programming conventional and addressable fire alarm, security, nurse call, intercom, CCTV Systems, and other related building systems products. Knowledge of test equipment to include oscilloscope, multi-meters, digital analyzers, battery analyzers, frequency meters, decibel meters and communication devices.
How you will do it
* Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools weighing up to 40 pounds.
* Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing a ladder, scaffolding, working within ducts, crawl spaces above ceilings, etc.
* Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications, software/systems, programs, schematics, and operation/product manuals.
* Perform inspections and installation activities on electronic fire systems.
* Overtime/Overnight stay may be required during busy project schedules.
What we look for
* High School Diploma or Equivalent
* Three (3) years of experience in Fire Alarm or Integrated Security Systems maintenance.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Electrical installation experience.
* Excellent customer interaction skills.
* Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to troubleshoot and make repairs, unaided by management.
* Self-starter needed that can work with minimum supervision.
* Pass criminal background check and drug test.
* Have a valid driver's license and a driving record that meets company requirements.
* Be able to obtain and retain any licenses that are required by National, State and Local codes.
* Five (5) years of experience in the Fire Alarm or Integrated Security Systems maintenance
Who are we
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers.