Global Product Manager, Next Gen Occupancy Planning
Employment Type: Full-Time
JLL's Global Product Management group is seeking a versatile Global Product Manager to drive and lead product development for our industry leading Workplace & Occupancy Planning product family. The individual will play a critical role in maintaining our leadership position by developing differentiated next generation occupancy management and planning solutions for global deployment. As JLL increases its focus on technology and product management, the product team is focused on supporting the evolution of the product management process to streamline and simplify product/service offerings, increase product adoption and market penetration, focus investment efforts to solve client needs in high-growth opportunities, minimize wasted product spend and increase JLL's market share and profitability.
This role will report to the Global OP Product Owner and sits within the Portfolio Product team. This team consists of experts in Portfolio Strategy, Transaction Management, Occupancy Planning and Lease Administration. This leadership team is supported by product management professionals and peer resources focused on competitive intelligence, research, pricing strategy, and marketing.
What this job involves:
This position requires a talented product manager that is obsessed with creating solutions to solve client's occupancy challenges / needs through an analytical and entrepreneurial mindset. This individual will:
* Drive and lead a cross-functional team through the product development process for the assigned products within our next generation of occupancy planning and management solutions. This includes the development of the multi-generational product roadmap for the assigned products, documenting product specifications, supporting the creation of commercialization plans, developing detailed product development timetables, and other tasks outlined in our product development lifecycle process.
* Manage timelines and budgets throughout the product lifecycle for assigned products
* Work closely with the Global Product Owner and other stakeholders to support and develop the overarching product strategy and develop market-backed and customer outcome focused go-to-market strategies for integrated offerings
* Drive the development of the product baseline, business case, and plan development
* Accountable for profitability and commercial success of product managed, including P&L accountability on a per product basis.
* Partner with other Product Managers and Owners to ensure integration of solutions across the real estate lifecycle.
* Make recommendations for new, innovative operating models based on market intelligence, the competitive landscape and technology trends
* Remain current on industry/market technology trends and market sizing and segmentation to ensure that we are optimizing revenue and profitability
* Develop deep market expertise and understanding across JLL's product portfolio with clear articulation of user personas and behaviors
* Leverage competitive intelligence teams to assess and ensure strength of assigned products against competitive offerings
* Work closely with our internal technology development teams to manage the development and delivery of required digital elements that are integrated into the assigned products creating a holistic client solution.
* In partnership with product development and operations delivery teams, assess and make a recommendation on buy, build or partner development strategies
* Partner with Pricing COE to review various fee and pricing options and support the development of a pricing strategy that aligns with JLL goals and objectives
* In collaboration with product marketing and our product performance support function, design and develop customer feedback loop
* Communicate product portfolio in a way in which internal stake holders i.e. PPS, Sales Enablement, etc, can perform and represent products in detail
* Work with Product Owner to review and develop plans to ensure overall product mix and lifecycle health of the portfolio (i.e. maintain, update, reprice, replace, sunset, etc.)
Product Overview and Expertise
To effectively compete in an increasingly crowded and cost-conscious industry and counter the trend toward commoditization, JLL must bring its best to every customer opportunity. The Global Product Manager for our next generation of occupancy planning offerings will enable this by supporting the development of the assigned products and supporting go to market strategy that aligns JLL's core offerings by customer outcome in a unified and boundaryless fashion to deliver a differentiated and integrated customer value proposition while increasing revenue and expanding margin for JLL.
The ideal candidate requires a unique mix of product management, technical expertise, and commercial acumen with ability to quickly learn the business of occupancy planning and management. Furthermore, the candidate will need to develop a deep understanding of JLL's market, customers, and core business offerings in addition to the network and respect to work with and influence all levels of the matrix to think beyond their silos thereby enabling JLL to put its best foot forward for both its customers and shareholders alike.
Ideal candidate should have:
* Integrative thinking skills and program management expertise to drive a variety of seemingly disconnected workstreams and find the intersection points to make the whole greater than the sum of the parts
* Experience working on global projects across a matrixed environment
* 'Achiever' mentality - independent, self-performer with the ability to rapidly complete project initiatives and attain a multitude of team goals simultaneously and autonomously
* Strong project management capabilities with demonstrated experience in driving a host of initiatives at once, managing budgets, team resources and project timetables
* Execution skills in coaching product teams through design / launch and redesign
* Articulate and effective communicator, comfortable presenting to large groups and senior executives
* Proven ability to connect with customers and users to identify needs and translate to differentiated products and offerings that provide competitive differentiation
* Strong aptitude in defining the customer(s) and creating a global mindset to deliver across segmentation
* A passion for creative thinking, innovation and pushing the envelope
* An ability to tell a story around innovation, find opportunity based on customer needs, and deliver innovation efforts leading to change
* Strong experience with data management, especially to drive accuracy and inform senior leaders for decision making purposes
* Strategic thinker with an emphasis on business strategy and the ability to identify solutions to business challenges
* Comfortable with ambiguity and constant change in direction/focus, experience leading through transformation
* Ability to cut down the complexity and work towards a simple solution and fast approach
* Experience working in autonomous role
* Entrepreneurial drive and ability to work at a fast pace
* Experience in implementing a product management process
* 10 years in product management, pricing, or sufficient workplace and occupancy planning experience
* MBA preferred
What you can expect from us
We succeed together-across the desk and around the globe and believe the best inspire the best, so we invest in supporting each other, learning together and celebrating our success.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your career ambitions, recognizing your contributions, investing in your well-being and providing competitive benefits and pay.
We can't wait to see where your ambitions take you at JLL.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL's recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a full copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Pursuant to Illinois Law, applicants are not obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest.
Jones Lang LaSalle ('JLL') is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process - including the online application and/or overall selection process - you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jll.com. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.