BH Technician - PRN Hemphill
Employment Type: Full-Time
Who We Are
JPS Health Network is a $950 million, tax-supported health care system in North Texas. Licensed for 578 beds, the network features 75 locations across Fort Worth, with John Peter Smith Hospital --home to Tarrant County's first and only Level 1 Trauma Center, only psychiatric emergency services site, and the largest hospital-based family medical residency program in the nation - and more than 40 community-based clinics. All told, our network employs more than 7,200 people.
Acclaim is our multispecialty medical practice group featuring over 300 providers serving the JPS Health Network. Specialties range from primary care to general surgery and trauma. The Acclaim group formed around a common set of incentives and expectations supporting the operational, financial, and clinical performance
outcomes of the network. Our goal is to provide high quality, compassionate clinical care for every patient, every time.
We're more than a hospital. We're 7,200 of the most dedicated people you could ever meet. Our goal is to make sure the people of our community get the care they need and deserve. As community stewards, we abide by three rules:
1. Own it. Everyone who wears the JPS badge contributes to our journey to excellence.
2. Seek joy. Every day, every shift, we celebrate our patients, smile, and emphasize positivity.
3. Don't be a jerk. Everyone is treated with courtesy and respect. Smiling, laughter, compassion - key components of our everyday experience at JPS.
When working here, you're surrounded by passion, diversity, and dedication. We look forward to meeting you!
For more information, visit www.jpshealthnet.org.
To view all job vacancies, visit www.jobs.jpshealthnet.org/ or www.teamacclaim.org.
BH Technician - PRN Hemphill
Hemphill Behavioral Health Outpatient Services
TBD-To be determined
Description: The BH Technician - PRN assists and performs basic patient care in a psychiatric treatment environment. This position performs a variety of paraprofessional nursing duties in providing care to psychiatric patients and directly reports to the RN.
* Assists in the delivery of direct patient care as assigned by the nurse, reporting and documenting results including vital signs and specimens.
* Assists in maintaining a therapeutic milieu with professional behavior and communication by engaging patients in groups and reporting patient participation and needs to the nurses and interdisciplinary treatment team.
* Assists with admission, dismissal, and transfer of patients and checks patient property and secures valuables according to policy and procedures.
* Assists patients in activities of daily living, engages with patients utilizing individual's coping/treatment plan to attend to their needs, and provides assistance in non-aggressive crisis management.
* Assists in maintaining patient safety in milieu utilizing non-aggressive patient management and environmental rounds.
* Escorts patients within the facility, to other departments, to outside activities; transports patients in van as needed.
* Maintains patient confidentiality at all times on or off premises.
* Completes hand off communication with nurses and other staff when coming on and off unit to ensure patient safety and monitoring.
* Maintains close observation as ordered by the physician and documentation completed according to departmental policy and procedures.
* Maintains cleanliness of unit in collaboration with housekeeping department.
* Assists in training and mentorship for other Behavioral Health Technicians.
* Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
* High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
* 1 plus years of healthcare related experience or enrolled in nursing program.
Preferred Education and Experience:
* Associate Degree in health care, psychology or related field may be substituted for years of experience.
* 1 plus years of Acute Psychiatric patient care experience.
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
* Certification in Non-Aggressive Crisis Management; must be obtained while in orientation and maintained throughout employment.
* Current JPS recognized Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification must be obtained while in orientation or prior and maintained throughout employment
* CNA, EMT, Psychiatric Technician Certification.
Fort Worth, Texas, 76102