RN - ER
Employment Type: Full-Time
Who We Are
JPS Health Network is a $950 million, tax-supported health care system in North Texas. Licensed for 578 beds, the network features 75 locations across Fort Worth, with John Peter Smith Hospital --home to Tarrant County's first and only Level 1 Trauma Center, only psychiatric emergency services site, and the largest hospital-based family medical residency program in the nation - and more than 40 community-based clinics. All told, our network employs more than 7,200 people.
Acclaim is our multispecialty medical practice group featuring over 300 providers serving the JPS Health Network. Specialties range from primary care to general surgery and trauma. The Acclaim group formed around a common set of incentives and expectations supporting the operational, financial, and clinical performance
outcomes of the network. Our goal is to provide high quality, compassionate clinical care for every patient, every time.
We're more than a hospital. We're 7,200 of the most dedicated people you could ever meet. Our goal is to make sure the people of our community get the care they need and deserve. As community stewards, we abide by three rules:
1. Own it. Everyone who wears the JPS badge contributes to our journey to excellence.
2. Seek joy. Every day, every shift, we celebrate our patients, smile, and emphasize positivity.
3. Don't be a jerk. Everyone is treated with courtesy and respect. Smiling, laughter, compassion - key components of our everyday experience at JPS.
When working here, you're surrounded by passion, diversity, and dedication. We look forward to meeting you!
For more information, visit www.jpshealthnet.org.
To view all job vacancies, visit www.jobs.jpshealthnet.org/ or www.teamacclaim.org.
RN - ER
Nursing / LVN
JPS Patient Care Pavilion
Description: The RN - Emergency Services assesses, plans, directs, implements, and intervenes to provide quality patient care for assigned patients. The RN - Emergency Services is responsible for directing patient care for licensed and ancillary staff on his/her team.
* Performs complete data collection from patient with regard to age and developmental stage, presenting complaints, and pertinent history.
* Plans, implements, and modifies nursing care, medication administration, and discharge planning to assigned group of patients including education directed towards individualized patient needs utilizing the nursing process in coordination with policies and procedures.
* Supports the culture of quality with delivery of quality nursing care utilizing evidence-based practice to decrease the potential for infection, harm, or injury while working with the interdisciplinary team.
* Actively participates in the performance improvement processes related to nursing practice.
* Monitors, records, and reports symptoms and changes in patients' condition including vital signs intervening when appropriate.
* Ability to interact with co-workers and other hospital staff and/or guests with outstanding customer service adhering to established standards of behavior.
* Communicates with patients/families using available resources and tools to provide age appropriate, patient preferred language.
* Demonstrates knowledge of EMTALA laws in relation to the coordination of patient care and transfers.
* Demonstrates fluency in timely completion of the electronic medical record and other documentation requirements.
* Responsible to assist students in all disciplines to develop skills and an understanding of collaborative values, attitudes, and ideals in the care of patients and families.
* Other related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
* Associates or higher Degree in Nursing from an accredited school of professional nursing.
* 6 plus months of experience as a practicing Registered Nurse.
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
* Current licensure by the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas or proof of reciprocity of licensure between the State of Texas and another state. Must be maintained throughout employment.
* Current JPS recognized Basic Life Support (BLS) and must be maintained throughout employment.
* Completes Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) within 90 days of hire date and maintains credentialing throughout employment.
* Completes Pediatric Life Support (PALS) within 90 days of hire date and maintains credentialing throughout employment for Urgent Care Center and Emergency Service.
Required Specialized Training:
* Must successfully complete, pass, and maintain all applicable and requisite training as established by each department in accordance with the JPS Clinical Job Specific Competency Validation Checklist. Completes the requisite certification and courses within the required timeframes, to include but not limited to:
* Successful completion of unit-specific competency-based orientation program within 90 days of employment, based on home unit/employee specific orientation plan.
* Approved Education and Training in Non-Violent Crisis De-escalation must be obtained within 90 days of hire date and maintained throughout employment for Urgent Care Center and Emergency Service.
* EKG course within 90 days of employment and maintained throughout employment for Clinical Decision Unit and Emergency Service.
Preferred Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's Degree in Nursing from an accredited school of professional nursing.
* 2 plus years of experience as a practicing Registered Nurse in acute care or similar department.
Preferred Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
* National Nursing Certification in related specialty area.
1575 S. Main Street
Fort Worth, Texas, 76104