Senior Software Engineer
Company: KARL STORZ Endoscopy-America, Inc. (KSEA)
Job Code: 11870
Pay Grade: TBD Description
KARL STORZ SE & Co. KG based in Tuttlingen, Germany, is a family-owned, global company committed to benefiting humanity by advancing medical technology through innovation and education.
For more than 75 years, KARL STORZ has been dedicated to earning its international reputation as a leader that designs, engineers, manufactures, and markets all its products with an emphasis on visionary design, precision craftsmanship, and clinical effectiveness.
KARL STORZ is currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer
who will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining existing software applications, products, and services to enhance the Patient Experience throughout operating rooms in hospitals and outpatient centers in the US. The ideal candidate will work with a seasoned team of developers to create Software requirement Specifications (SRS) for our existing product line, including cloud-based products, see them through their Application Lifecycle (ALM), and interact with internal and external customers to assist in deployment and training.
This position will be based at our El Segundo, CA location with the opportunity to work remotely 2-3 days per week. Responsibilities
Key responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to:
- Supports deployment installations and monitors applications' functioning to ensure customer specifications are met.
- Designs, develops, modifies, documents, and implements scalable software applications with an emphasis on cloud-based subscription services (SaaS), utilizing SCRUM/Agile methodologies leveraging ASP.NET, .NET Core, C#, Internet Information Services (IIS), CSS, HTML, Angular, XML, JSON, SQL.
- Guides & participates in the entire Software Application Development Life Cycle (ALM) including requirement gathering through testing and deployment of the application in real-time scenarios.
- Responsible for architecture, design and code reviews and providing guidance and feedback to team.
- Designs and implements improvements to the performance, usability, scalability, and maintainability of software products, with an emphasis on cloud applications including SaaS and PaaS.
- Adheres to document standards, coding standards and the development process.
- Responsible in creating timelines and controlling documents for production (Design History File).
- Evaluates new applications and technologies; attends and participates in technology conventions.
- Remains abreast of changes in industry standards and practices, keeping management informed of changes that have potential impact on development activities.
- Must be able to maintain productive working relationships and treat fellow employees with respect.
Our successful candidate will have excellent written and spoken English language business communication skills. They will also have demonstrated success working in a collaborative, service-oriented team environment.
Additional requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer or Data Science, Management Information Systems (MIS), Business Intelligence (BI) or comparable field
- 7 - 9 years of relevant work experience
- Strong Experience /proficiency in developing Cloud applications (Networking, Virtualization)
- Experience with Healthcare Level 7 (HL7) international protocol standard
- Experience providing technical guidance and training in complex issues
- Excellent writing and communication skills to diverse audiences from layman to technical engineer
- Experience in all phases of secure application development is required
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with flexibility in a fast-paced environment
- Available for up to 10% travel
- Master's Degree in Computer or Data Science, MIS, BI or comparable field.
- Experience working with Cloud Providers, Azure preferred
- Cloud distribution systems, including SaaS, PaaS
- Cloud Security Architecture
- Experience with Electronic Health Record (EHR) systems in healthcare including EPIC, Cerner and Meditech, regarding data transfer, mapping and retrieval
- API Programming
- Experience working with Graphic User Interface (GUI) components in .Net and HTML5.
- Knowledge of HIPAA compliance as it relates to protected health information (PHI) in healthcare software
- Prior experience coaching and mentoring junior level associates.
#LI-CW1Vaccine requirements at KARL STORZ due to COVID-19
KARL STORZ is committed to maintaining a safe work environment for our employees and therefore we require the COVID-19 vaccine for all of our employees unless otherwise due to an underlying medical condition or sincerely held religious beliefs. During the interview process, we encourage you to ask how COVID-19 may impact the role you are seeking and if you require a reasonable accommodation regarding the vaccine requirement see below on the process for requesting accommodation. Please click here to learn more about our overall response to COVID-19. Employee Benefits Program Overview for U.S. Locations
- Medical / Dental / Vision including a state of the art wellness program and pet insurance, too!*
- 3 weeks' vacation, 10 holidays plus paid sick time*
- 401K retirement savings plan providing a match of 60% of the employee's first 6% contribution
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, STD, LTD & LTC Insurance
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $5,250 per year
- Fitness reimbursement up to $200 annually
- Employee referral program of up to $2,000 per hire
- And much more!
*Field sales, internships and part-time employees are not eligible except for where required by state law.
Non-employees, including temporary workers and consultants, are not eligible to participate in KARL STORZ benefits program.
KARL STORZ reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. Additionally, KARL STORZ, through its supervisors, may require an employee to perform duties outside their normal description within the sole discretion of the supervisor. Employee must comply will all applicable KARL STORZ policies and procedures. Equal Employment Opportunity & Reasonable Accommodation Statement
KARL STORZ is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills and unique experiences. To achieve this goal, we are committed to diverse voices and all applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic. KARL STORZ is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. Should you need assistance or accommodation please email us at TaleoAdministrator@karlstorz.com. Notice to Employment Agencies
This recruitment assignment is being managed directly by KARL STORZ's Human Resources team. Human Resources will reach out to our preferred, contracted agency partners in the rare instance additional talent options are required. Your respect for this process is appreciated. KARL STORZ does not accept unsolicited Agency resumes. Resumes received which were unsolicited by KARL STORZ Human Resources department will be ineligible for referral fees.