Employment Type: Full-Time
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Department Superintendent for the Plywood facility in Dudley, NC. The Department Superintendent will lead a wood products production team to work injury-free/incident free in a continuous manufacturing environment consistent with management philosophy and framework. Supervise/coordinate production efforts that drive improvement in all associated work processes affecting EHS compliance, reliability, quality, production and costs. Align and optimize the manufacturing enterprise in delivering value to the business. Facilitate team development and growth, employee skill development, problem-solving and resolution, building employee commitment and ownership and holding employee accountable. Directly supervise 5 salaried supervisors and manage a team with a size range of 60 - 110 members.
What You Will Do In Your Role
* Facilitating team development and growth through effective communication and performance evaluations.
* Prioritizing work orders to address machine center functionality and optimize on equipment availability.
* Ensuring areas operate effectively and efficiently; meeting or exceeding benchmark & milestones.
* Utilizing work processes to effectively manage and facilitate good asset health through PM & PDM.
* Building employee commitment and ownership, and holding personnel accountable to meet those expectations.
* Facilitating team developmental growth by reviewing and evaluating personnel performance.
* Motivating and encouraging team to positively contribute in their roles to capture long-term value for facility.
* Driving safety excellence through personnel involvement, ownership & accountability.
* Proactively identifying hazards and implementing appropriate mitigating strategies to improve safety capacity.
* Facilitating resolution to complex or chronic issues preventing equipment design.
* Owning data entry and accuracy compiled to create departmental reports.
The Experience You Will Bring
Requirements:Five (5) or more years of supervisory experience in an industrial manufacturing environmentExperience using CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management Systems)Proven ability to utilize Root Cause Failure Analysis to identify area of opportunityMust be proficient in Microsoft OfficeThree (3) or more years managing department level or greater budgetsWilling to travel 10%Solid understanding of OSHA general safe work practicesCandidate must be willing to work a flexible schedule, including occasional weekends and holidays as necessary to manage department performance
What Will Put You Ahead
* Bachelor Degree with a preference for a technical or business discipline
* Mechanical/Electrical process knowledge is preferred
* Three (3) or more years of experience at a manager level in the wood products industry
* Three (3) or more years of capital project responsibility
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf