Senior Resource Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
POSITION SUMMARY & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
At Korn Ferry, we're not just in the business of advising our clients-we also help our employees reach their true potential. We have a collaborative culture where you can work with other talented people who share your passion for doing great work. So, if you want to work for a company that makes a real difference for clients, and you want to be part of a global team that plays a vital role in moving the business forward, then Resource Management (RM) is the team for you. As resource managers and workforce planning specialists, we play a key role in the development of KF consultants' development while also embarking on our own developmental journeys.
We are looking for a talented, innovative Resource Management professional with a strong background in Workforce Planning who is used to working in a fast-paced, complex environment. There will be ambiguity and change, giving you a chance to show agility and leave your mark. Workforce Planning is an area of new focus within our global function. The Senior Resource Manager will join a growing and centrally managed professional resourcing team and will work closely with the Firm's consulting population. In this role, you'll take the lead in partnering with a pre-defined population (c.150) of delivery and sales consultants across levels from analyst to senior client partner. You will also partner with our industry leaders, who are responsible for driving the sale of increasingly larger propositions to our clients, undertaking workforce planning to ensure that we have the right people with the right skills available at the right time.
The role will require you to establish and drive proactive resourcing practices with the Resource Management team both regionally and on a global basis, as well as partner with other groups within the Firm. The role requires a blend of out-in-front influencing and networking, with behind-the-scenes emotional intelligence, data savvy, and problem solving in a fast-paced, project-driven environment. Optimizing consultant utilization and allocation of work, along with embedding yourself into talent discussions will be integral elements of this role.
This role reports directly to a Resource Management Director. Locations vary and are typically in our larger, centrally located offices. While on-site presence with our consultants is critical, some flexibility to work remote is possible when needed. Travel is minimal, with most meetings happening virtually.
If you have a passion for driving change, influencing senior internal stakeholders, and engaging with a global team to develop new ways of working in workforce planning, then this role is for you! Take the next step to create a brilliant career within Resource Management at Korn Ferry and apply today.
* Develop and manage capacity planning through robust demand plans based on business trends, current and anticipated pipeline of industries, and anticipated planned growth of marquee accounts. Perform financial and business analytics requests as needed.
* Use/develop workforce planning tools to support governance processes, forecasting, modeling, and operational action planning, including strategies to resolve staffing conflicts.
* Hold forecast review meetings with respective leaders on a regular basis. Work with RM colleagues to match demand with capacity and when staffing challenging/high-priority engagements requiring a deep understanding of the industry solution and offerings as well as the fee earners and market leaders in the industries.
* Responsible for the training and education of the regional team to better understand demand planning and implications for staffing.
* Drive an effective partnership with country leaders, consulting leaders, and team leaders (within assigned countries) and infuse productive resourcing practices into sales and delivery processes.
* Partner with solution and market leaders to understand the composition of the regional talent pool and identify opportunities to optimize resourcing.
* Stay current in understanding the organizational matrix (solutions, markets, geographies, lines of business, internal functions) and be up to date on changes as they occur.
* Work in close partnership with other key internal functions.
* Monitor solution trends and developments and share this among appropriate teams and leaders.
* Know your talent pool including numbers, individual skill profiles/interests, group skill gaps/surpluses, and potential training needs.
* Constantly evaluate the needs of the Firm, region, office, client, and consultant in determining the right staffing solutions; contractor vs. FTE tradeoff.
* Manage client team expectations through appropriate information sharing and education.
* Understand the staffing need fully, and in the unique context of the client/solution, determine consultant 'success profile' for Advisory's various offerings.
* Think appropriately outside immediate talent pools for the right opportunity for others.
* Hand requests to appropriate groups within RM where necessary, following globally agreed processes.
* Help expose new or unknown talents to engagement teams, advocating for their capability to be successful in a new environment.
* Onboard new consultants, educating them on how to partner with RM effectively.
* Seek and provide feedback; maintain an ongoing feedback loop with consultants and people managers on performance. Utilize information to enhance development opportunities for consultants moving forward.
* Appreciate fully the need to adjust staffing approach to the needs and cultural norms of different countries.
Understanding the Business
* Apply your knowledge of the professional services industry and how publicly listed consulting firms operate (e.g., contract-to-cash, business development cycles, project delivery cycles, billable hours, time entry, quarterly reporting, etc.) to staffing.
* Review and monitor monthly reports, including but not limited to utilization reporting, pipeline, solution-specific reporting, backlog.
* Leverage business and financial acumen to understand the implications of bill rates, fees, priority work, etc.
* Understand our clients, what they do, what they need, and how we are helping them.
* Demonstrate strong commercial awareness when reporting to stakeholders: utilization, monitoring and investigating discrepancies between the data, and providing insight to the leadership teams, highlighting any potential concerns.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
* Relevant bachelor's degree.
* Five to seven+ years of experience in resource management or related field.
* High degree of professionalism in all areas (communication, approach, style); understanding what it means to represent a top-tier professional services firm.
* Highly developed diplomacy, influencing, negotiation, and conflict-management skills.
* Ability to lead multiple high-profile/value and complex projects with multiple top-level stakeholders.
* Ability to work effectively under pressure and with short timelines/competing demands.
* Ability to work effectively across multiple geographies/cultures.
* Ability to partner at all levels of the organization internally and externally.
* Gravitas and judgment to understand when and how to challenge senior leaders productively and maintain relationships.
* Highly analytical; ability and drive in puzzle-solving.
* Creative and resourceful.
* Ability to maintain and align with processes.
* Detail orientated with a strong focus on quality.
* Ability to handle large amounts of information and ambiguity.
* Sense of discretion/prudence in working with sensitive information.
* Multiple languages preferred.
Korn Ferry is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you currently work for Korn Ferry or one of our affiliates, you must be eligible to apply for a different position within Korn Ferry to use the Careers Site. If you accept such a position, your benefits programs and Human Resources policies may change. Please consult with your HR contact for the new position concerning application eligibility, benefit programs, and HR policies applicable to that position.