Audit Manager, Environment, Social, Governance
Employment Type: Full-Time
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking an Audit Manager to join our Audit practice.
* Maintain a working knowledge of and research findings regarding regulatory changes, accounting literature, trends, measurement and technical issues relevant to ESG
* Set the culture for the engagement team and mentor members in their career development within the CoE, on ESG engagements and through the BU Network
* Enable engagement teams to build and manage client relationships and accounts, including driving the client experience on engagements, participating in engagement proposals, and coaching field professionals on ESG topics
* Develop and help deliver readiness assessments through pre-assurance procedures at our clients to prepare them for regulatory change and identify opportunities for enhancement of their ESG reporting capabilities
* Manage and supervise the execution of external ESG assurance engagements of various clients, including Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) registrants, in accordance with relevant regulatory and professional auditing and assurance standards
* Understand, enhance and utilize KPMG's ESG Audit Methodology
* Support the execution of external ESG engagements of various clients, including Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) registrants, in accordance with relevant regulatory and professional auditing and assurance standards
* Minimum five years of current and/or recent financial statement audit experience within a public accounting firm with demonstrated supervisory experience
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university and licensed CPA in their home office state
* Applied working knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), U.S. Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS) and Public Company Oversight Board (PCAOB) Auditing Standards
* Experience with ESG reporting (Sustainability Accounting Standards Board, GRI, Climate Disclosure Standards Board or Task Force on Climate related Financial Disclosures) is preferred
* Adhere to the firm's values and code of conduct
* Ability and willingness to travel as needed
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.