Cloud Security Architect 5
Employment Type: Full-Time
Cloud Security Architect 5
Requisition #: AS20211105-61143
Location: Melbourne, FL
L3Harris is searching for a talented Senior Cloud Security Engineering professional to join the L3Harris Enterprise Security Team. This position supports our Enterprise Network Security Operations and Engineering organization for the vision, architectural design, testing, implementation, operation and compliance of a portfolio of managed network security services for our US and State government customers. This position will support our Security Operations Center (SOC). Applicants must be willing to work shift periods that includes evening and weekend rotations, if required. Specific duties and responsibilities for this position include:
* Create, implement and commission cloud-based security platforms in a variety of environments (e.g. PaaS, Iaas, SaaS, and SECaaS) to meet US government customer specified requirements. Provide tier III security engineering support to the SOC team to troubleshoot and resolve customer-impacting events that affect performance.
* Provide vision and innovative strategies to customers and program leaders for cloud-based solutions for growth and sustainment of technical capability, service performance, reputation and market share for our new and emerging lines of business within the enterprise.
* Provide guidance and oversight to the development and delivery of documentation and processes that support government auditing and authorization of cloud-based security architectures to meet tailored NIST control requirements.
* Provide guidance and oversight to the development of reference materials (network diagrams, installation documentation, etc.) for supported network technologies to be used for both online and in-person training of SOC tier I staff.
* Report on the health of the cloud services to leadership, providing detailed technical information around both lifecycle and cost management, with recommendations for improvement if required.
* Serve as overall subject matter expert on cloud engineer technology and market capabilities/trends.
* Make recommendations for improvements to security, scalability, manageability, and performance across a wide variety of cloud network, storage, and compute technologies.
* Formulate detailed network, storage, and compute design specifications for stable and secure computing operations in a dynamic cloud-based environment.
* Liaise with customers, engineering leadership and program technical teams, including systems and network administrators, security engineers, and IT Support teams.
* Execute architecture blueprints and bring it to reality with a DevSecOps mindset & culture.
* Manages assigned projects and meets deadlines with minimal supervision from Supervisor and/or Manager.
* Serves as both a professional and technical mentor to other system security engineers.
* Act as primary engineering support to network security operations for the testing and evaluation of new Security products and services used in the cloud.
* Provide oversight and direction for the technical work performed by staff security engineers while performing systems engineering design, testing and implementation of cloud-based security infrastructure and services.
* Ability to obtain and maintain clearance.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, IT Security or related field, and minimum 9 years related experience; or a Master's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, IT Security or related field.
* 7 years' experience designing, implementing and operating security controls for cloud-hosted applications or infrastructure.
* 5 years' experience in the application and compliance of customer tailored NIST controls and policies for cloud services in a variety of architectures, including e.g. IaaS, PaaS, or SaaS.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
* 5 years' experience operating security architectures for cloud-based applications hosted by commercial cloud service providers, such as Amazon AWS or MS Azure.
* CCSP, CISSP or CISM certification.
* Excellent attention to detail, as they must constantly monitor systems to ensure there are no external threats.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills will be essential when interacting with customer, industry and company leaders.
* Member of committees or panel groups within the cloud security industry or associations.
* Experience publishing papers or articles expressing technical insight, innovation or thought on cloud security topics or initiatives within industry.
* Must have strong initiative and be able to demonstrate visionary technical leadership.
* Be able to demonstrate ingenuity and strong problem-solving skills in order to swiftly and creatively deal with threats or flaws in networks.
* Prior FAA telecommunications and network security experience is a plus.