Manager, Software Engrg
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Title: Manager, Software Engineering
Job Code: IMS20211801-55178
Job Location: Greenville, TX
Coordinates and provides oversight to multiple software development efforts for software engineering teams during all phases of the agile development life cycle. This includes estimating, planning, development, testing, builds, and deployments throughout sprints and releases. Manage team performance across differing programs which includes overcoming impediments that prevent the teams from meeting their project commitments. Provide technical leadership, accountability for deliverables, and overall management and professional growth of the software engineering team.
Our Values are an integral part of who we are. We seek candidates who share our values:
* Must be familiar with all phases of the software development life cycle
* Experience with Agile software development
* Management experience in a team environment required
* Defense industry experience desired, but not required.
* B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical field, with a minimum of nine (9) years of relevant experience in system/software engineering leadership or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Technical leadership of medium to large software development projects in an Agile software development organization.
* Proven ability to lead a team of engineers to the successful delivery software product in an Agile environment
* Demonstrated ability lead, coach, and perform within an Agile organization
* Demonstrated ability to promote corporate ethics and by example instill a spirit of teamwork and cooperation within an organization
* Demonstrated ability to provide oversight to multiple parallel projects with highly variable scopes
* Demonstrated verbal and written communications skills
* Demonstrated ability to respond to customers in a competent and professional manner
* Ability to work effectively with senior management to implement strategic objectives and long-range plans
* Ability to translate strategic objectives into tactical action plans and lead teams which can execute those plans
* Demonstrated knowledge of project management and Agile methodologies
* Knowledge of relevant technologies, software development methodologies, and programming languages
* Knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of object oriented design/development
Position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD security which requires U.S. Citizenship.