Medical Assistant - LGMD/Urgent Care Clinic River Ranch - Full Time
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: LGMD - UCC River Ranch
Employment Status: FT
This position interacts with patients in a professional and caring manor. Is responsible for patient flow and also helping out in front reception area.
* In absence of the RN and/or when volume dictates, Initiates patient contact and prepares the patient by completing vital signs, a brief history and preliminary physical assessment.
* Assists the physician, NP and/or RN in patient examination, evaluation, and other clinical procedures as needed.
* Performs specimen collection, veni-punctures for lab tests, and daily quality checks, EKG's.
* Initiates and assist physicians with emergent situations and administering Basic Life Support.
* Gives injections to patients.
* Maintains office supplies and clinical supplies at Par levels.
* Maintains office equipment and sanitization of equipment according to state and federal guidelines.
* Cleans exam room after each patient and prepares room for the next patient.
* Maintains patients' medical record and ensures proper documentation of examination, evaluation, treatments and follow-up visits.
* Maintains proficiency in utilizing electronic medical records through proper scanning, documentation, and scheduling.
* Ensures that all lab and x-ray reports are reviewed and initialed by DR/NP and filed.
* Performs patient discharge teachings and ensures that all patient fully comprehend discharge and follow-up instructions.
* Assist with scheduling of ancillary services as needed.
* Assists nurse and secretary with answering phones, scheduling patients in system, and returning patient phone calls.
* Performs patient discharge teachings and ensures that patient fully comprehends discharge and follow-up instructions.
* Ensures patient confidentiality and privacy.
* Promotes a supportive, positive environment for both staff and patients.
* Ensures that all abnormal ancillary services are followed up appropriately.
* Communicates any problems or organizational concerns to Doctor/Nurse Practitioner.
* Assists with other duties as needed.
A. High School Graduate or Equivalent required.
B. Completion of an accredited medical assistant course with certificate of completion OR Certified Medical Assistant OR
Certified Paramedic required.
C. BSN preferred.
D. 2 years health care experience preferred.
E. Excellent computer skills required.
F. CPR is required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must comply with all SERVICE Standards of Behavior
* Medium Work as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor constitutes a maximum lift of 21-50 pounds on occasion and/or a maximum lift of 11-25 pounds on a frequent basis
* May be required to assist in the turning, lifting, or moving patients as well as walking about from patients' rooms, as well as to and from various hospital areas