Employment Type: Full-Time
Join Land O'Lakes, Inc., and help us bring food from farmer to fork, building vibrant communities along the way. We're a global, Fortune 250 company and a farmer-owned cooperative, which means we work for one another-not Wall Street. We're proud to rank a Top Workplace. We offer:
* Competitive compensation and rewards
* Best-in-class healthcare for you and your family
* Powerful savings programs
* Training and career progression
The Production (Utility) Operator is the front-line employee who performs the manufacturing processes that add value and quality to the inputs and create the final high-quality final products. There are a variety of sub-classifications within the Operator job family that could range in specific duties from receiving and handling the raw materials, adding value through a variety of proprietary processes, to packaging the final product. In all stages of production safety, attention to detail, a quality and sanitation focus, and efficiency are key to the success of the operation.
Location city, state: Sheldon, IA
Hours: 1st shift, Mon - Fri 8:00 am - 4:30 pm, Shift schedules that include days, nights, and weekends, some holidays and periodic overtime also may be required.
Wage: $20.82 with increase to $22.32 once fully trained in both mixing and pelleting
Required Qualifications & Experiences:
* 18 years or older
* 6+ months of manufacturing experience
* Basic computer skills.
* Ability to read, write, comprehend, follow verbal and written instructions and possess basic mathematical skills
Preferred Qualifications & Experiences:
* High School Diploma or GED
* 1+ years of continuous prior experience in any industry
* Self-Reliant and able to accurately work under limited supervision
* Able to trouble shoot mechanical problems
* Communicates work order progress to supervisor and production operators
* Customer focused and able to work in a collaborative team
* Ability to be flexible in work performed and schedule
* Knowledge of various pieces of high tech manufacturing processing and packaging equipment. Examples include but not limited to baggers, palletizers and cookers.
* Ability to follow manufacturer's specifications and directions
* Able to work in a fast-paced environment
* Work in cold and/or hot temperatures throughout the day
* Adhere to all standard operating procedures (SOPs)
* Ensures a safe working environment while performing assigned tasks
Physical Requirements for production positions regularly include:
* Frequent movement including walking, standing, bending/stooping, turning, twisting, pushing, pulling, raising arms, lifting, climbing and other active movements
* Occasionally to frequently be required to lift items weighing up to 50 lbs.
* Performing duties while wearing personal protective equipment
* Working across temperature zones that may include cold and/or hot environments for extended periods and may include work in environments where dust is present
* Shift schedules that include days, nights, and weekends, some holidays and periodic overtime
Land O'Lakes, Inc offers a competitive salary and bonus potential. The company also provides a comprehensive benefits package as well as other company sponsored benefits.
This role is part of our Land O'Lakes, Inc., Purina Animal Nutrition business helping our network of local cooperatives, independent dealers and other large retailers serve producers, and animal owners throughout the United States. Through industry -leading R&D and committed partnerships, we innovate the nutrition products and practices that unlock the full potential of every animal for a healthier, more productive life.
Applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check.
Land O'Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O'Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.
Land O'Lakes endeavors to make Landolakesinc.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL-HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.