Engineering Associate - Bridge Design
Employment Type: Full-Time
Larson Design Group (LDG) is a growing, employee-owned (ESOP), Architectural, Engineering, Planning, and Surveying firm with 12 office locations across Pennsylvania, New York, Ohio, West Virginia and Arizona. We are committed to the progress and development of our company, employees, and community offering growth opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits package.
This Engineering Associate - Bridge Design is an entry-level technical role who is on the professional Engineer license track that will apply basic to intermediate engineering principles to complete design computations, prepare written technical reports, design plans, and details. The Engineering Associate may be called upon to make minor project decisions.
* Prepares and reviews design computations, plan designs, and drawings.
* Reviews submittals and coordinates project submissions.
* Prepares and reviews specifications, draft letters, and written technical reports.
* Completes inspections and field work assignments as needed.
* Researches, reviews, interprets, and understands written regulations, code compliance, and permit requirements and applies them to design projects.
* Maintains appropriate documentation of work and project records.
* Possesses knowledge of Codes and Standards applicable to project designs.
* Develops technically accurate, clean, and deliverable drawings.
* Promotes, utilizes, and supports quality assurance and quality control processes to improve the quality of deliverables and reduce design errors and omissions.
* Performs work within assigned budgets.
* Education: Bachelor's or Master's Degree in position relevant Engineering field from ABET accredited school, Landscape Architecture, or related field of study.
* Experience: Zero (0) to three (3) years' job-related experience.
* Licensure/Certification: Engineer in Training (EIT) preferred.
* Proficiency with AutoCAD, Microstation, InRoads
* Must have a strong desire to expand knowledge base and undertake new responsibilities.
* Possess strong oral & written communication skills
* Must be able to work both independently and as part of a project team.