Mechanical Sr. Designer - Retail Engineering
Employment Type: Full-Time
Larson Design Group (LDG) is a growing, employee-owned (ESOP), Architectural, Engineering, Planning, and Surveying firm with 12 office locations across Pennsylvania, New York, Ohio, West Virginia and Arizona. We are committed to the progress and development of our company, employees, and community offering growth opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits package.
The Mechanical Sr. Designer will apply intermediate to advanced Retail engineering principles to complete design computations, prepare written technical reports, design plans, and details. The Sr. Designer will be expected to do work in an almost completely autonomous manner and may make significant project decisions based upon their level of expertise and manager's approval.
* Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, Sketch-Up, Photoshop, and other software programs relative to the discipline to develop technically accurate, clean, and deliverable drawings.
* Reviews work to ensure accuracy, makes corrections to work from red lines, and backchecks.
* Writes specifications, reviews submittals, coordinates project submission.
* Coordinates the preparation of advanced multi-discipline drawing sets as required for the assigned project including coordination with technical, administrative, and other design staff.
* Promotes, utilizes, and supports quality assurance and quality control processes to improve the quality of deliverable and reduce design errors & omissions.
* Researches, reviews, interprets, and understands written design standards, regulations, code compliance, and permit requirements and applies them to design projects.
* Independently creates standard details for projects as directed.
* Reviews shop drawings and working drawing submissions from contractors.
* Assists with and performs design calculations, calculates quantities, reviews technical specifications, and prepares cost estimates.
* Education: Associates or Bachelor's degree in a Technical discipline preferred.
* Experience: Minimum of ten (10) years' job-related experience.
* Must have a strong desire to expand knowledge base and undertake new responsibilities.
* Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook),
* Must also be self-motivated and able to mentor.
Larson Design Group is an Affirmative Action/EEO employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran.