Charge Registered Nurse RN Intensive Care Unit
SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities as a Clinical Nurse Coordinator you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Lee's Summit Medical Center,a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services HCA Healthcare.
At LSMC we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefitsincluding:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
The Life of an HCA Nurse
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Clinical Nurse Coordinator where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
The Clinical Nurse Coordinator (CNC) ensures and delivers high quality, patient-centered care and coordination of all functions in the unit/department during the designated shift. In collaboration with other members of the management team, the CNC directs, monitors, and evaluates nursing care in accordance with established policies/procedures, serves as a resource person for staff, and models a commitment to the organization’s vision/mission/values to support an unparalleled patient experience and clinical outcomes that contribute to overall departmental performance.
About this unit:
- 10 Bed Unit with 2:1 Patient/Nurse Ratio
- High Acuity and High volume in a tight knit, family oriented unit, no one works alone.
- CRRT, Impella, Balloon Pumps, Cardiac, Vascular, Septic Shock and more!
- Stroke and Stemi Certified
- Dedicated Intensivists, Approachable and teaching physicians
- Supportive leadership team and opportunity for CCRN, cross training and more growth!
- Collaborates with a multidisciplinary team to coordinator, evaluate, customize, and deliver high quality, patient centered care.
- Exercises judgement and provides direction regarding inpatient care assignments using established policies/procedures.
- Operationalizes evidence-based practices to enhance patient safety and quality outcomes.
- Support the achievement of internal/external. Benchmarks, accreditations, and designations.
- Assists with admission and discharge processes to ensure efficient throughput and high quality, patient-centered care.
- Participates in the ongoing assessment of quality of patient care services provided in the unit, in collaboration with other members of the management team.
- Ensures compliance with evidence-based practices that enhance patient experience and customer service.
- Collaborates with subject matter experts and other leaders to create an environment of teamwork that supports improved outcomes and service.
- Reflects core values when interacting with co-workers, patients, family members, and other is the community to foster an environment where employees are engaged and where patient care is unparalleled
- Lead in a way that inspires that inspires commitment to the vision/mission/values of the organization.
- Supports the efforts of the facility to improve engagement by operationalizing current nursing strategies, including employee rounding, hourly rounds, and other initiatives.
- Provides recommendations related to interviewing, selecting, and training new staff.
- Recommends and implements courses of action, including training and development, conflict resolution, personnel policy compliance, completion of performance evaluation, and/or disciplinary actions to ensure a competitively superior organization.
- Resolves and/or channels employee grievance, disputes, or concerns according to appropriate procedures. Escalates issues as needed.
- Support physician partnerships.
- Represents the organization positively within the community; participants in company-supported community/patient events and in-services.
- BSN Preferred
- Must have a current MO RN license upon hire or a current multistate RN license. If only a multistate RN license is provided upon hire, a MO RN license will be required within 90 days of employment.
- BLS required upon hire and ACLS required within 6 months of hire.
- NIH Stroke Scale certification required within 90 days of hire and annually within the fiscal year. Shall document a minimum of eight (8) hours of cerebrovascular (stroke) related continuing nursing education per fiscal year.
- 1-2 years of previous experience preferred. Prior experience in a similar size facility with similar services provided is preferred. Previous emergency, pre-hospital or critical care preferred.
Lee’s Summit Medical Center serves Lee’s Summit, Missouri, and surrounding areas. The 80 -bed advanced technology facility is both a Joint Commission Chest Pain Certified Hospital and a Joint Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center. LSMC is an affiliate of HCA Healthcare.
Additional features include:
- Emergency Department with 14 private treatment rooms;
- Orthopedic and Spine Center,
- Level II stroke designation
- Cardiovascular services with a cardiac catheterization lab, cardiac rehabilitation, vascular surgery and more;
- Rehabilitation services with physical, occupational and speech therapy and sports medicine;
- Women’s services;
- Surgical service, including bariatrics, orthopedics, colorectal and robotic assisted procedures; imaging services;
- The Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at Lee's Summit Medical Center.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.