Employment Type: Full-Time
Engineering Technician - Lester Pairie, MN
We're proud to boast a high retention rate, with many employees celebrating 20, 30 and 40 year milestones! Since 1947, Lester Buildings has grown from its modest beginnings to an industry leader - due to our employees' dedication and drive to innovate.
We are currently looking for a full-time Engineering Technician to join our growing team!
Why us? Simple. We offer:
* Full Benefits
* 401k match
* Profit sharing
* Informal dress code
* Flexible work schedule
* Small, family orientated company atmosphere
* Discount on building materials
* Fun company events
* Produce roof truss placement plans, truss design drawings and quotes for residential and commercial projects.
* Determine design specifications based on blueprints, structural model and customer requirements.
* Preliminary layout of multiple building projects including truss and column spacing.
* Create shop paperwork that is optimized and batch for efficiency based on materials used in manufacturing.
* Communicate with customer and sales staff on technical aspects of plans requiring clarification from customer, Architect or Engineer.
* Consult with more experienced component technicians and management when more in-depth analysis is required.
* High school diploma or equivalent and relevant work experience required.
* Degree in Computer Aided Design or Construction related field is a plus.
* Working knowledge of AutoCAD software is preferred.
* Excellent attention to technical detail and thoroughness is critical.
* Knowledge of basic math and measurement skills required.
* Strong communication and computer skills are necessary.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Mitek software is preferred.
* Must be highly motivated and possess the ability to work as a team player.
Lester Buildings is looking for motivated individuals who are looking to develop and grow with us. We want you to fit in. We want you to thrive. Let's plan for excellence! To learn more about our company, click here.
Apply online at www.lesterbuildings.com.