Employment Type: Full-Time
You know your way around heavy machinery but don't want to be stuck on odd jobs. You're looking for something bigger… where you can work outside and grow your career. If this sounds like you, then an Equipment Operator job at Lewis Tree Service is a great way to get into the industry.
We're the second largest vegetation management company in North America … and always growing. But really, we're in the people success business, we just happen to trim trees.
Who you are…
* Open-Minded: open to new ideas, willing to listen and observe, humble
* Love the Outdoors: enjoys varying environments/weather, not afraid to get dirty, adventurous
* Self-Motivated: driven, strong work ethic, willing to 'do what it takes'
* Adaptable: can think on your feet, nimble, flexible
* Collaborative: strong people skills, able to give and receive constructive feedback, willing to speak-up
What you'll do…
* Be part of a tight-knit group working in a team environment
* Trim and/or removes trees by climbing or with aid of an aerial lift (under the direct supervision of a crew leader or qualified line clearance tree trimmer.)
* Load and unload trucks with logs, brush and debris and/or feed brush into brush chipper. Use hand lines to lower limbs and equipment. Use and maintain small power tools at ground level. Spray stumps and brush.
* Drive and operates trucks and Skid-steers safely. Report the need for repairs of trucks and equipment to crew leader.
* Safeguard employees and public from hazards in and around the working area. Help enforce on the job safety practices.
What you'll need…
* Must be able to perform physical labor such as lifting a minimum of 50 lbs. to shoulder height or more.
* Must be capable of operating Skid-steers, two-handed equipment (chain saw, circular saw, and have the physical ability to endure extreme climate variances.
* Willing and able to obtain specialized training and certifications as required, such as:
o Tree species identification
o Local, state and federal licenses
o First Aid and CPR cards
* To pass a pre-employment drug test.
* Specialized paid training & certifications
* Career advancement opportunities
* Health insurance plans
* Paid time off
* Employee stock ownership plan
* Retirement & savings plans options
* Employee assistance program
Lewis Tree Service is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to providing equal opportunity for both applicants and employees. Lewis Tree Service prohibits unlawful discrimination or harassment of employees and applicants on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age (40+), religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic, all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training, apprenticeship, promotion, demotion, transfer, lay-off and termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Lewis Tree Service's practices and policies are administered in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.