BL and Large Loss Senior Property Adjuster II
Employment Type: Full-Time
Senior Property Adjusters investigate larger commercial property claims, evaluate damages, determine coverage, set accurate loss cost estimates, control the insured's exposures and losses, manage consultants, and achieve a prompt, fair and equitable settlement according to fair claims handling requirements. Negotiate settlement of claims of varying complexity and perils.
* Conducts a prompt, thorough and fair investigation by obtaining relevant facts to determine coverage, origin, and extent of loss. Reviews and utilizes financial statements to adjust complex business interruption losses.
* Conduct on-site appraisal or direct independent adjuster to determine facts relevant causation, damages and exposure.
* Engages and manages consultants as required to assist in determining facts, causation, damages and exposure monitors the costs to ensure they are reasonable and necessary.
* Establishes and maintains accurate loss cost estimates and reserves for each claim for reporting, financial records, and other purposes.
* Keeps the Insured and others informed about the claim's status with clear, timely and accurate written/oral communications. Effectively communicates in writing on moderately complex coverage issues with minimal review and coaching. Determines depreciation of claim.
* Affirms or denies coverage of the claim based on the facts and the policy terms and conditions. Develops information necessary to make advance, partial and final payments when appropriate.
* Meet time requirements of the policy and fair claims handling practices.
* Effectively negotiate settlement of claims of varying complexity and perils. Achieves a prompt, fair and equitable settlement of a claim, where there is policy liability.
* Keeps the electronic claim file properly documented with accurate, clear and timely information and reports that reflects the adjustment activities and substantiates any payments made.
* May participate in quality assurance file review sessions and serve as a technical resource for less experienced claims personnel.
* Provide guidance to inexperienced team members and may act as a mentor to other entry level adjusters
* Will be called upon for catastrophe duty.
* Knowledge of property insurance; commercial property claims; coverage evaluation; claims investigation, loss assessment, evaluation and reserves; financial analyses; insurance regulations; negotiation and settlement of high complexity claims; other skills required include a focus on customers; decision making; results oriented; spoken communication; and adaptability; an ability to build relationships, listen (i.e., comprehend nuances and acknowledge others' viewpoints), mentoring and training team members, write business correspondence, produce accurate work, manage projects and vendors; and use core applications/spreadsheets; as normally acquired through a bachelor's degree or equivalent; successful completion of required internal training programs and AIC (Associate in Claims) modules 33 and 35; Prefer designations such as AIC, SCLA, CPCU, etc. and at least 3-4 years of progressively responsible experience.
* Ability and willingness to travel to the site of catastrophe for assignments that may last several weeks
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a 'Great Place to Work' by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the '100 Best Places to Work in IT' on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates-as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.