Manager, Test Engineering
Employment Type: Full-Time
An empty treadmill isn't compelling, but once someone steps on it, the stories are limitless. Our goal is to connect people emotionally to their fitness journey. We are a global team coming from different cultures and backgrounds with a shared passion to achieve and live our mission of inspiring healthier lives.
Inspire. Innovate. Make an impact and join our team!
The Manager, Test Engineering has leadership responsibility in the Quality support organization and promotes quality test automation to product and end-of-the-line production test equipment support. In this role, you will lead the Test Engineering organization that applies its expertise and knowledge in finding innovative, cost-effective means to improve quality output and continuous improvements working with the rest of the Quality organization, Operations, Engineering, Sourcing, Service and D&I.
As a key leader in the Quality organization, you will be:
* Leading the team by establishing team direction, schedules, and key objectives
* Balancing business needs, aggressive timelines, and functional goals in Test Engineering
* Developing and coordinating a team that recognizes quality and process improvements
* Guiding the team in planning, developing, and conducting tests on electronic components, products, and systems, applying knowledge and principles of electronic theory, testing methodology and procedures, and electronic engineering
* Ensures proper representation of Test Engineering in the product development teams.
* Participates in product development meetings to ensure product testability.
* Provides feedback, schedule and budget details to the new product development teams in relation to test equipment.
* Ensures maintenance of all existing production test equipment at contract manufacturers and Life Fitness' manufacturing facilities.
* Works with the team to develop sufficient and cost-effective optimal test equipment. Holds test systems spec and design reviews.
* Develops and implements new testing methods and technologies, utilizing computer-based hardware simulators.
* Research alternative strategies for product improvement to increase manufacturing yield.
* Works with design houses, contract manufacturers, test equipment vendors and test labs.
* Discusses test philosophy with new contract manufacturers to assure high quality levels.
* Evaluates schematics, hardware and software designs meant to emulate and test electronic printed circuit boards, electronic assemblies, or complete finished goods.
* Creates and maintains all Test Engineering procedures, instructions and forms.
* Leadership skills including communication skills, mentoring and constructive feedback, ability to influence & negotiate at all levels.
* Process oriented, results driven, and customer focused with a positive can-do attitude.
* Ability to work collaboratively with cross functional teams.
* Working knowledge of phased New Product Design process.
* Advanced knowledge of automated test equipment - PC Based, PXI, stand-alone, and other test system platforms.
* Advanced knowledge of electronics and communication protocols such as USB, IEEE-488(GPIB), RS-232, etc.
* Advanced knowledge of test methodologies and test software development using C, C++, Visual Basic, and LabVIEW programming languages.
* Advanced computer technology knowledge, including Windows, Linux and Android operating systems and their applications.
* Knowledge of schematic capture applications (Orcad).
* Six Sigma / DFSS background, strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Working knowledge of standard MS Office software applications.
* Some Travel Required.
10 years of experience in Quality or Engineering organization including 5 years of experience in a management role
BS or MS in Engineering
Want to take the next step in your career?
Life Fitness takes pride in our talented employees and believe in providing opportunities for further growth and advancement. We encourage you to test your strengths, push your limits and unleash your potential.
If you feel the open position you see is right for you, we invite you to apply.
Learn more about us here.
Life Fitness does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Life Fitness and Workday Privacy Policies