Senior Land Development Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Assist land department Team Members with due diligence, civil / grade plan review, value engineering, and budgeting of residential projects. Full responsibility for phased project scheduling, project buyout & contracting, and construction of assigned projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Initiate drafting and submittal of final plats in a timely manner, so plats are approved and ready to record according to the project schedule. Monitor final plat submittals to ensure timely jurisdictional approval.
* Create Bid Form & Bid Instructions, distribute to qualified Bidders. Solicit bids for all work items as needed to complete the project. Review bids for accuracy and completeness. Format bid process to avoid scope overlap or gap. Address bidder questions.
* Compile a Bid Analysis to review bids; collaborate with Director to make contractor selections.
* Initiate buyout / contracting of all work; initiate pre-construction meetings with municipalities and contractors.
* Develop detailed critical-path project schedule (MS Project), with Contractor input. Ensure project milestones are met, and lots are delivered on schedule.
* Initiate and attend weekly on-site meetings with all relevant contractors.
* Monitor construction progress vs. schedule. Identify potential project delays and / or risks; implement measures, make recommendations, and take steps as necessary to maintain schedule and budget.
* Full responsibility for project budget; review and approve all pay applications and invoices for accuracy.
* Secure activation of water / sewer systems per project schedule. Pursue final acceptance and bond release for all infrastructure and improvements.
* Communicate accurate lot delivery dates to management, for use in long-range business plan.
* Complete COS improvements, and turn over to HOA manager as soon as each area is completed. Manage NPDES and Storm Water Program according to Company policy.
* Assist with special projects as requested, and perform additional duties as required.
Skills and Abilities:
Excellent verbal and written communication skills for interaction with a variety of people inside and outside of organization. Strong budget-management skills. Decisiveness, good judgment, problem-solving and analytical skills to act with authority and take approved risks in an environment with little direction from others. Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word).
Minimum Education Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or related curriculum preferred; minimum 5 years' experience in land development or equivalent experience required.
Must be able to walk potential site before and during construction; be available for occasional meetings outside of typical business hours; extensive driving required.
M/I Homes offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) profit sharing plan, employee stock purchase plan, employee home purchase plan and more.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
This position is located in Raleigh, NC. View the Google Map in full screen.