Employment Type: Part-Time
Are you ready to provide the kind of care you have always dreamed of? Do you want to provide comprehensive and supportive care that brings out the best in your patient and is the kind of nursing and coaching you envisioned when you began your career? Marathon Health is the place for you!
Marathon Health is seeking a part-time Health Coach to provide lifestyle and condition management coaching for employees of Morgan Foods at our onsite health and wellness center in Austin, IN. Austin is only a pleasant 40-minute drive from Louisville and boasts a cost-of-living that is 28% less than the US national average.
This is a 16 hour per week position with no benefits. We offer a supportive work environment, focused on improving positive results for our patients, encompassed by a high-supported mission. This is a position where you can let your heart shine through in your work.
About Marathon Health
Marathon Health (www.marathon-health.com) is one of the nation's leading providers of employer-based health services. We serve businesses throughout the United States, providing a different kind of healthcare program that focuses on total population health management and health risk reduction.
Marathon Health promotes a culture of health and wellness in everything we do. It is for this reason we seek to hire individuals who embrace wellness and model healthy behaviors in their own lives. We are proud to be a drug and tobacco free company. We value the richness diversity brings to our workforce and are committed to being an equal opportunity employer and provider (EOE). We are proud to be a drug and tobacco free company and the selected candidate must pass a criminal background check and drug test.
The Health Coach works closely with patients via phone, internet, in person and/or through group seminars and distribution of health education materials to promote wellness and motivate individuals to realize their optimum health potential. Responsible for advising and counseling on the important requirements for a healthy lifestyle. Works with clients to identify health risk factors and manage chronic illness. Interfaces with clients using motivational interviewing and reflective listening skills to develop an understanding of barriers to meeting health related goals, develop a client specific wellness plan, set goals for health improvement, and monitor goal attainment. Coordinates services with other health-related vendors for optimal patient care and satisfactory outcomes.
* Effectively use readiness assessment, motivational interviewing, goal setting, appreciative inquiry, and barrier resolution techniques to assist participants in developing individualized plans for successful behavior change
* Coach participants to achieve behavior change related to weight management, stress management, chronic disease management, nutrition, physical activity, tobacco use, and other health topics
* Interpret health risk assessment, biometric screening, and/or provider visit notes as a basis for the health coaching session
* Conduct health coaching sessions in a variety of formats (i.e., one-to-one, group, telephonic, and web-based)
* Appropriately document health coaching sessions and assist with data management as needed
* Collaborate with providers and clinical staff in designated clinics to create a team approach to healthcare
* Maintain caseload as determined by the Senior Wellness Program Manager
* On an as-needed basis, conduct education sessions about healthy lifestyle and behavior change for client companies
* Lead wellness events such as lunch and learns, health fairs, etc.
* Participate in successful outreach to engage participants in health coaching, group behavior change programs, and/or clinic services
* Understand and utilize evidence-based practices regarding primary, secondary, and tertiary prevention
* Create educational programs and hand-outs, as needed
* Meet performance metrics has outlined by Marathon Health and the client(s), including but not limited to:
* Outreach based on risk
* Number of monthly one-on-one health coaching sessions
* Other miscellaneous tasks as assigned
* Bachelor's degree required in nursing, health promotion, health education, social work, or other health-related field
* Health coach certification required (Marathon Health requires all health coaches to maintain their certifications during their tenure at Marathon Health and provides an annual stipend to help with the cost)
* 3-5 years of relevant work experience strongly preferred
* Ability to work flexible hours