Victor Insurance Professional Liability Summer Internship- Bethesda Maryland- College Program 2021
Employment Type: Full-Time
Victor Insurance Holdings, formerly known as The Schinnerer Group, is the world's largest managing general underwriter with locations in the US, Canada, UK, Netherlands, Germany, Italy, and Australia. It handles more than $1.6 billion USD in premium on behalf of numerous insurance carriers, through a large network of more than 25,000 active insurance agents and brokers. With deep, specialized underwriting expertise, the company provides a wide range of insurance coverage - from specialty property and casualty and professional liability insurance to group and retiree benefits. Victor Insurance is committed to building on 60-plus years of experience to develop products that address risk in new and evolving areas.
During this 9-week internship, Victor Professional Liability Interns will work directly with senior advisors and brokers to help clients identify risk to their people, their property or their financial and strategic goals, offering hands-on experience in the field of risk management and insurance broking. In addition, Victor Interns will participate in formal training, structured projects and social and volunteer events, which demonstrate our commitment to colleagues, clients and communities.
Upon completion of the summer internship, exceptional juniors may be extended an offer to join as a full-time colleague upon graduation.
A TYPICAL DAY COULD INCLUDE:
* Work closely with both the Real Estate and Architects & Engineers underwriting teams, attending daily team meeting and designated training sessions covering the product lines.
* Applying insurance theory in a practical setting
* Participate in strategy sessions with the Victor marketing department to develop promotional campaigns in support of the Real Estate and Architects & Engineers programs.
* Meet with Victor distribution team and learn sales strategies for professional liability products
* Evaluating quotes and comparing coverage offerings for our clients
* Creating and expanding benchmarking reports
* Generating a risk analysis of a Victor client or prospective client
* Executing a group project with fellow Victor Interns
* Participating in Training Modules
* Building a network of colleagues at all levels of the organization
WHAT WE VALUE
* Ability to work in teams and cultivate relationships
* Analytical thinking and problem solving
* Intellectual curiosity
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Demonstrated leadership or initiative at school, work and/or community
* Please only apply to ONE Victor Internship position
* Current Juniors with an expected graduation date of December 2021 or May/June 2022
* Overall cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above at the time of application and start date
* All majors accepted
* Risk management, Finance, Business, Accounting, and Economics degrees preferred.
* Applicants must have legal work authorization in the U.S. on a permanent and ongoing basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future.
DIVERSITY MATTERS AT VICTOR
At Victor, we believe that diversity and inclusion are vital components of our future and our goal is to leverage the unique skillsets that each person brings to the company. We provide our colleagues with a supportive, collaborative environment that leads to innovative ideas and the ability to make an impact.
We will review application submissions on a rolling basis. You will be contacted only if you are selected for a first round interview. The first round interview will consist of an on-demand digital video interview through the Hirevue platform.
Marsh is the world's leading insurance broker and risk adviser. With over 35,000 colleagues operating in more than 130 countries, Marsh serves commercial and individual clients with data driven risk solutions and advisory services. Marsh is a business of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With annual revenue approaching US $17 billion and 76,000 colleagues worldwide, MMC helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses: Marsh, Guy Carpenter, Mercer, and Oliver Wyman. Follow Marsh on Twitter @MarshGlobal; LinkedIn; Facebook; and YouTube, or subscribe to BRINK.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.