Product Management Consultant
Employment Type: Full-Time
Do you want to be part of a team that encourages your growth, supports your ambitions and makes it a priority for you to reach your goals? Is helping people part of who you are? At MassMutual, we help millions of people find financial freedom, offer financial protection and plan for the future. We do this by building trust with our customers by being knowledgeable problem solvers and prioritize their needs above all else. We Live Mutual.
As a Product Management Consultant on the Health & Worksite team you will have the opportunity to participate in development of multiple year product strategy and agenda. Responsible for building/developing new products or solutions within our Worksite product line, as well as the long term management of existing Worksite products. In this role, as well as all roles within MassMutual, you will demonstrate accountability, agility, a dedication to be inclusive, a strong business acumen, and will show courage, even in the most difficult situations. We also highly value strong communication skills, a passion for learning, leadership traits, resilience, and self-awareness.
The Worksite Product Strategy and Implementation Team, a part of the Health and Worksite team, is responsible for implementing the product development strategy and leading the comprehensive management of Worksite products throughout the product life cycle.
As a Product Management Consultant, you will support strategic planning and influence others in executing to plan, by formulating, preparing, and overseeing the implementation of new products and enhancing existing products in support of growth, profitability, and persistency objectives. You will be the subject matter resource from innovation through product implementation and ongoing product maintenance for assigned products.
Key Responsibilities Include:
* Supports product policy and support across the Product and Worksite organizations including product pricing, legal, state filing, underwriting, sales, marketing, operations, and systems.
* Drives and leads diverse, matrix-oriented business teams to implement new products and product enhancements and solutions that are critical to the financial results of the business within budget and time constraints.
* Creates and maintains product documentation and works closely with pricing, systems, and operations partners to ensure all business requirements and process documents are clear and accurate, and participates in business acceptance testing to ensure project executed in line with specifications.
* Provides product consultation, education, and support on new and in-force products, including addressing product related questions, product features, and operational support.
* Works independently and with management to resolve key issues, critical decisions, and time constraints on highly visible projects.
* Sought as a key resource for resolution of unique or complex business problems.
* Shares own expertise and knowledge with the broader team.
* Drives continuous improvements and efficiencies beyond own scope of responsibility.
* Coaches and mentors others on own team or within matrixed organization.
* Advances the interest of the company by serving on teams that are external to the organization when appropriate.
The Minimum Qualifications:
* 5+ years of product development experience in the financial services industry
* 5+ years of experience with life insurance and supplemental health insurance
* Knowledge of financial products/experience in the financial services industry
* Bachelor's degree
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Strong partnership and relationship management skills
* Seasoned individual capable of handling broad-scope projects that have short to medium term focus
* Works with guidance on more complex projects
* Capable of applying knowledge to handle all but the most complex problems independently
* Anticipates change and directs or redirects efforts
* Strong relationship management and communication skills
* Proficient in Microsoft Office and Windows based applications
* Would consider Remote within the US
The Ideal Qualifications
* Strong knowledge of life insurance and supplemental health insurance products
* Worksite industry knowledge and experience
* Ability to handle complex short & long term focused projects involving multiple business units
* Ability to identify opportunities for business growth, develop strategic initiatives and drive to achieve desired results
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent partnership and relationship management skills with ability to analyze and prioritize leads
Why Join Us.
We've been around since 1851. During our history, we've learned a few things about making sure our customers are our top priority. In order to meet and exceed their expectations, we must have the best people providing the best thinking, products and services. To accomplish this, we celebrate an inclusive, vibrant and diverse culture that encourages growth, openness and opportunities for everyone. A career with MassMutual means you will be part of a strong, stable and ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits. And your voice will always be heard.
Recognized as a 2020 World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere, MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company owned by our policyowners, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It's more than our company structure - it's our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources, and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.