Infection Control Nurse
Employment Type: Full-Time
An equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, race, ethnicity, gender, religion, or otherwise. Minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Functions in a variety of settings to develop and maintain the clinical competency of nursing staff to care for residents/patients of various needs. Also functions as the facility's Infection Control Nurse
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION:
* Plans, schedules and implements all aspects of clinical training for all clinical staff.
* Develop new training tools and standards of practice.
* Provides training for Certified Medication Aides as per acquired BON mandatory training.
* Provides training for CPR certification to facility staff.
* Coordinate with HR on all staff compliance.
* Provides clinical modules during orientation to all employees using the appropriate materials.
* Plans, coordinates, schedules and presents inservices for all departments (mandatory, voluntary and identified needs).
* Coordinates, implements and maintains records of all inservicing for all staff.
* Coordinates the use of educational equipment and resources.
* Observes all nursing staff competency
* Performs other staff education duties as required or directed for compliance with State and Federal Regulations.
* Prepares supplementary education materials as required.
* Observe the learning needs of the staff through direct observation, formal learning observation and indirectly through review of quality improvement and/or program evaluation.
* Measures the impact of programs and learning activities on staff.
* Attends and participates in inservice training, performance improvement committees, and other meetings as scheduled and directed.
* Assists HR in orientation and training of employees as assigned.
* Maintains record of individual staff education either manually or via Relias Learning software program
* Prepares and coordinates all infection control reports and surveillance monitoring.
* Monitors infection control practices of facility staff to ensure compliance and provides applicable training to all staff.
* Presents Infection Control issues and reports to QAAC
* Is a member of the QAAC that meets monthly and ad hoc upon discretion of NHA or DON
* Perform additional duties as assigned within scope of accommodation
* The facility will provide a stethoscope for hearing impaired staff
* The employee's service animal may accompany her in class room settings, in hallways and in non-isolation residents' rooms. The service animal will be left in the training/education office when not accompanying the employee. The employee must provide all
EDUCATION / REQUIREMENTS:
Currently licensed in the State as a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse plus a minimum of 3 to 5 years directly related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Working knowledge of MDS, care plan development and chart auditing of the nursing process. Strong oral and written communication and teaching skills. Strong organizational and time management skills. Ability to relate positively, effectively and appropriately with resident, families, community members, volunteers and other facility staff. Must have current CPR certification.