PC Network Technician
Employment Type: Full-Time
At Materion, everyone is included, respected and offered opportunity to grow. Join us!
Are you a PC Network expert able to take the hassle out of user technical problems? Are you patient and friendly, even with difficult customers? Are you able to share your technical knowledge in simple and understandable ways to the rest of us?
If so, consider joining Materion's team! As a PC/Network Technician, you'll provide excellent customer service to Materion users, quickly resolving technical issues, so users can get back to making a difference in the world.
You Will Have the Opportunity To:
* Serve as first point of contact with users who need technical assistance via phone, email and in-person
* Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve technical hardware or software issues
* Escalate unresolved issues to the next level of support
* Contribute to continuous improvement by sharing your knowledge with colleagues and providing feedback
* Minimum of one year of experience as an IT Help Desk Technician or similar role where application of technical knowledge is used
* Associate Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other relevant degree
* Hands-on experience with diagnosing and resolving basic technical issues
* Technical knowledge of company standard applications and network operations, including Windows PC and server, Microsoft Office, TC/IP, Windows Server (2003-current)
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including being customer-oriented
The selection of the person to be hired for this position is contingent on the candidate having export compliance eligibility for access to U.S. controlled technology which comes under the licensing jurisdiction of the U.S. Department of State, International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the U.S. Department of Commerce, Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
The candidate selected will have to qualify as either a U.S. citizen, a U.S. National, a lawful permanent resident of the U.S., a Person Admitted into the U.S. as an Asylee or Refugee., a National of a country that is not prohibited from having access to U.S. controlled technology (via a letter of assurance), or a Person to be approved for an export license by the governing agency whose technology comes under its jurisdiction