Employment Type: Full-Time
The Finishing Operator performs a variety of functions under the finishing area, which includes: belting, chasing, clear coating, drilling & tapping, sandblast operator, polisher operator, oxidation, packing & shipping, and painting. This position works to assure accuracy and quality control and promotes the flow of materials necessary to production.
* Competitive Starting Rates.
* Full benefits starting first day which includes: medical, dental, vision, Health Saving Account (HSA) with company contribution, short and long term disability (after 90 days), life insurance, earned time off (starts accruing immediately), 401(k) retirement plan with company match, employee stock purchase plan with company match and a guaranteed annual bonus based on year of service.
* Visually inspects product at work station to determine work required.
* Determines required finish operation based upon production order and ticket.
* Performs finish process that meet quality standards of operation. Standards of operation are located on site for operators review and training.
* Transfers product to and from work station in a safe manner.
* Observes and follows safety precautions, rules and regulations.
* Belting: belting AIB, VA memorials, and regular memorials, changing belts as necessary and end of shift procedure.
* Chasing: examining castings and determining what needs chased, pounding down welds, filling small holes with shot, chasing the surface, letters, ribbons, emblems, vase holes edges, and ornamentation, using the appropriate tools.
* Clear Coating: performing clear coating operations, operating the clear booth controls, purging the paint gun, and end of shift procedures.
* Drilling and Tapping: drilling and tapping of markers.
* General Cleaning: operating the sand blaster and the hand blaster.
* Hand Polishing: performing hand polishing, using air tools, and end of shift procedures.
* Oxidation: preparing castings for oxidation, performing oxidation, performing basic oxidation techniques, and end of shift procedures.
* Packing & Shipping: performing the final quality inspection of castings, then packing and shipping them.
* Painting: operating the sand blaster and the hand blaster.
* Handfinishing: working with the aid of a microscope, engraving and sharpening rotary dies and inspecting parts for incoming and outgoing quality control.
* Responsible for maintaining work area and all equipment required to complete job.
* Additional duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
* High school diploma or GED.
* 2+ years of previous finishing experience preferred.
* Basic degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications.
* Basic analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills.
* Basic verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning).
* Basic understanding and application of mathematical concepts.
* Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients.
* Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
* Ability to work with and influence peers and management.
* Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting.
* Possess a mechanical aptitude; ability to use a large variety of hand tools and basic knowledge of power tools, forklifts, welding equipment, and cutting torch.
* Ability to work overtime as necessary.
PHYSICAL ASPECTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
* egularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk, hear and see.
* Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
* Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold & heat, risk of electrical shock, and toxic or caustic chemicals.
* The noise level in the work environment may be high.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
Matthews Memorialization is a leader in the memorialization industry who is committed to helping customers grow their businesses and helping families move from grieving to remembrance by providing products of superior craftsmanship and revenue generating programs and services. Within this industry, our Environmental Solutions is focused on the design and manufacture of advanced combustion systems. Matthews Memorialization is a (MATW) Matthews International company.
Matthews International affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Matthews International endeavors to make our employment website and application process accessible to all users and applicants. In doing so, Matthews International provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation or assistance completing the application process, please contact a member of our Human Resource Team.
Nearest Major Market: Morgantown
Apply now '