Employment Type: Full-Time
Please review the job details below.
Maxar is looking for a Full-Stack Developer to join our team. We use quick iteration and regular feedback to the prototype for our govt. customers before ultimately discovering the perfect fit. We embed our Full-Stack developers with analytic teams in order to create custom, lightweight web-based applications.
Life with Us
Your Career: We're very serious about professional development and continuing education. We offer everyone the opportunity to define their own career trajectory. Our group has some amazing resources at its disposal specifically for this purpose. You will work with your direct supervisor and/or a mentor to set appropriate goals and design a plan to help you make consistent progress.
* Dedicated professional development time.
* Conference attendance.
* Corporate partner, industry training.
* Peer groups.
* Paid certifications.
Day-to-day with your colleagues:
* You'll be developing lightweight web apps, data pipelines, and/or microservices. These apps and services are used to facilitate greater workforce performance by Encouraging further analytic exploration.
* Reducing the friction of flawed workflows.
* Enabling potential in individuals that is otherwise stifled by imperfect technologies.
* We work in a very Lean-Agile environment without the overhead associated with traditional Scrum. We've eliminated unnecessary development meetings and we love it!
* You'll collaborate with our geographically dispersed team primarily via Zoom & Slack.
* Must be a U.S. Citizen with a current/active TS/SCI security clearance and be willing and able to pass CI polygraph.
* Bachelor's degree in a related field, e.g. Computer Science, Engineering (4 additional years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree).
* 2 years of software development experience.
* Architectural Concepts/Technologies: REST APIs, Postman, microservices, event-driven architecture, authentication/authorization, security best practices.
* Datastores: Elasticsearch, Postgres, MongoDB.
* Cloud technologies: AWS EC2, S3, Lambda, Cloudfront.
* Containerization tech: Docker, OpenShift, Kubernetes.
* CI/CD: Jenkins
* Operating Systems: Linux, Unix
* Git version control & branching workflows.
* Data Transformation/Technologies: Apache Nifi, parsing XMLS, XML, and/or Pubs formats.
* Understanding of Agile methodologies, specifically frequent, iterative releases that rely on user feedback to refine features over time.
* Certifications: Security+, AWS, CSM/CSPO.
* Experience using/developing GraphQL APIs.
* Desire to grow into a leadership role.
Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.