Marketing Account Executive
Employment Type: Full-Time
The position is described below. If you want to apply, click the Apply button at the top or bottom of this page. You'll be required to create an account or sign in to an existing one.
If you have a disability and need assistance with the application, you can request a reasonable accommodation. end an email to Accessibility or call 877-891-2510 (accommodation requests only; other inquiries won't receive a response).
Regular or Temporary:
Language Fluency: English (Required)
1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Organize and coordinate internal activities on accounts. Assist the producer in the maintenance of existing accounts and develop the necessary rapport to obtain the confidence of both the insured and the carrier. Assist the producer in the production of new business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. SALES: Assist the producer in the development of information, selling proposals and customer relations.
a. Support the producer in existing account renewal sales, and in the selling of
additional lines and endorsements that enhance coverage and meet the needs of the client.
b. Support the producer in developing and selling new business.
c. Insure that positive rapport is built and maintained with all customers and that their requests for service are met promptly and correctly. Prepare and explain experience mods, loss projections, retros and other analyses as requested, with minimal assistance from the Producer or Marketing & Account Service Manager.
2. MARKETING: Prepare and submit company applications to select underwriters and obtain desired commitments. Develop and maintain positive market relations.
a. Maintain a competent working knowledge of the current marketplace and capabilities of providing alternatives for the transfer of risk.
b. Assist the producer in the collection and organizing of client information; preparation of company applications, and submission to appropriate markets.
c. Demonstrate fully competent skills at negotiating pricing, policy conditions and terms with the selected carriers, and decide the best carrier for the client within the agency marketing guidelines.
3. WORK PLANNING AND DIRECTION: Plan and manage renewal, new business and ongoing customer request workflow, in coordination with the team ASR Supervisor.
a. Assure procedures are appropriate and followed.
b. Assure accuracy of forms, documentation and premium transactions.
c. Maintain and monitor expiration listing to assure effective timely handling of renewals.
d. Assure that premiums are collected within Company guidelines.
e. In concert with the ASR Supervisor effectively resolve workflow issues.
4. LEADERSHIP: Conduct planning and review meetings, insure training and development for ASRs in concert with the team ASR Supervisor. Demonstrate fully competent skills at building and maintaining strong carrier, client, producer, peer, ASR and clerical relationships.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Agent License
2. Considerable knowledge of markets, policies and coverage issues for all states and industries serviced, gained through four (4) years of commercial insurance experience in an agency or comparable insurance related background
3. Considerable knowledge of all internal accounting and application systems
4. Organizational skills to plan and prioritize team workload, and to oversee application of working systems and procedures
5. Leadership skills and team orientation to provide direction, praise, constructive feedback, and development to employees in a way that maximizes productivity and team morale
6. Client relation skills to build and maintain positive business relationships with clients and market contacts
7. Strong persuasion skills to obtain information, commitment or payments due from others, to negotiate with markets and to motivate staff
8. Discretion and problem solving skills to analyze client information, proposal competitiveness, etc., and to resolve client, market and employee relations problems
9. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
10. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
McGriff Insurance Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law.
EEO is the Law Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision E-Verify#06022021