On-Site Desktop Support Technician
Employment Type: Full-Time
McGuireWoods LLP has an exciting opportunity for a Desktop Support Technician in our Chicago location. The technician is primarily responsible for assisting firm personnel in the use of PC hardware and software. This position will support both our Houston and Austin offices - occasional travel is required. Working with the other areas in Information Technology, the Desktop Support Technician will work to ensure that technology is used appropriately and effectively throughout the area for which they are assigned.
McGuireWoods LLP is a major U.S. law firm with offices in the United States and Europe. Tracing the firm's roots back to 1834, McGuireWoods has a long history of growth through mergers with predecessor firms in existing markets, as well as client-centered expansion into new markets. Working with clients to develop these strategies, the firm has kept pace with its clients changing needs -- and helping them meet their goals. This has been the firm's philosophy for more than 175 years, and it continues to direct endeavors as the firm looks toward the future. For more information, please visit www.mcguirewoods.com. California residents have special rights with respect to personal information. If you are a California resident applying for a position at McGuireWoods, our statement describes your rights and personal information the firm collects.
* Interfaces directly with all assigned Firm personnel to provide solutions to technology software application issues
* Set-up and support internal and external meetings, presentations, conference calls and events as needed
* Identifies issues relating to the use of technology that are affecting clients and advises appropriate personnel
* Performs, under the direction of technicians outside the Support Service group, additional duties including, but not limited to, relocating phones, network wiring, and server maintenance as needed
* Participates in department-wide projects such as hardware/software rollouts, office moves, mergers and acquisitions, etc.
* Maintains technical currency in all Level One software packages as well as with all supported hardware systems. Maintains technical currency with Level Two software packages necessary to support assigned Firm personnel
* Minimum of 2 years supporting the use of industry standard Windows applications through on-site, help desk or technology training functions
* Willingness to travel up to 25% to other MW offices
* Experience with latest versions of Microsoft Windows OS, Microsoft Office Suite (proficient) with emphasis on supporting Outlook and Word
* Experience supporting iPhone and Android
* Experience troubleshooting hardware issues (laptop, desktop, printers, etc.) as well as virus and malware remediation
Have more questions? Connect with a recruiter directly.