Scheduler II -10
Employment Type: Full-Time
MEDNAX has grown from a single medical practice to a trusted health solutions partner with more than 10,000 employees and a presence in 50 states. Through our family of companies, we provide:
* Physician services spanning the continuum of patient care
* Revenue cycle management solutions
* Performance improvement consulting
We invite you to grow with us and help shape the future of health care.
The Scheduler II position schedules patient appointments, procedures, diagnostic therapy and other treatments. Provides support to the patients, families and physicians as it relates to scheduling of procedures. Ensures that all physician orders are received.
* Schedules and re-scheduled patient appointments
* Schedules all hospital, clinical and office based related procedures
* Gives instructions (appointment policies and preps) for all procedures scheduled
* Confirms appointments and gives directions to patients and their families regarding procedure and sends confirmation follow-up letter
* Contacts appropriate departments to schedule and also convey all pertinent patient information
* Inputs information into scheduling book and/or scheduling system
* Reviews monthly doctor's schedules and makes changes accordingly
* Screens and reviews incoming faxes and referral forms
* Makes any needed or required changes to schedules as need to accommodate for the day or the physician
* Obtains authorizations on all scheduled procedures
* Manages patient calls, works as a member of the front office team and assists in supporting other office personnel
* Scheduling could include but limited to; Cardiac Catheterizations; both diagnostic and interventional, Arrhythmia procedures; Surgery procedures, Cardiac MRI's, Admissions, GFR's, Renal/Abdominal US, TEE's, CT Scans, Cardiolite TRDM Tests, managing CRNA scheduling and payroll functions in collaboration with CRNA and MD leadership, and any misc. procedures.
* Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
* Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school
* Six months to one-year related experience and/or training
* Hospital, clinical and office-based procedure scheduling experience
* Professional telephone etiquette
* Knowledge of insurance authorization procedures
* Strong computer skills that include but not limited to Microsoft Windows, Excel, Office 365
* Strong knowledge of medical terminology
* Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience will be considered
MEDNAX IS AN Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status