Hernia Sales Representative-Seattle
Employment Type: Full-Time
Careers that Change Lives
The Medical Surgical Portfolio strives to enable earlier diagnosis, better treatment, faster complication-free recovery, and enhanced patient outcomes through less invasive surgical solutions.
SURGICAL INNOVATIONS sets the standard for Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS) by creating innovative surgical products and services that focus on obesity and diseases and conditions of the gastrointestinal tract, lung, abdominal wall, pelvic region, and the head and neck.
Bring your sales talents to a leader in medical technology and healthcare solutions. Rooted in our long history of mission-driven innovation, our medical technologies open doors. We support your growth with the training, mentorship, and guidance you need to own your future success. Join us for a career in sales that changes lives.
We seek out and hire a diverse workforce at every level: We need fresh ideas and inclusive insights to continue to be an innovative industry leader - that's why we make it a point to seek out, attract and develop employees who are patient-centric, passionate, and who represent the same wide variety of life experiences as our patients. To learn more about Inclusion & Diversity at Medtronic Click Here
A Day in the Life
The Hernia Specialist will provide procedural and product expertise to targeted customers and Key Opinion Leaders (KOL) through field travel, meeting attendance, educational seminars, and OR case observations. Manage all aspects of hernia business in the field including, but not limited to, selling Surgical Device's full line of hernia and mesh products, and the education of surgeons, hospital personnel, and all sales representatives on procedures and product applications. Drive revenue to increase hernia and soft tissue repair business achieving necessary budget targets. Develop and support clinical relationships. Drive procedural conversions from open procedures to laparoscopic procedures to meet the overall goal of positioning Surgical Devices to be the market leader in Hernia repair.
* Master all hernia and soft tissue repair related surgical device products and applications for hernia repair.
* Develop procedural knowledge and expertise on hernia and soft tissue repair procedures.
* Develop local market strategy to increase hernia and soft tissue repair market share and create a business plan to execute on the strategy
* Attain required objectives designed to increase hernia and soft tissue repair revenue and increase market share.
* Act as the hernia and soft tissue repair expert in the field for internal and external customers.
* Create effective selling strategies and tools to assist entire region in converting hernia and soft tissue repair business
* Develop business by creation of educational programs to increase surgeon's safe and effective use of Surgical Devices hernia and soft tissue repair products in collaboration with Marketing and Sales Training.
* Increase overall satisfaction levels at Surgical Devices' accounts through support of product and procedural applications
* Continually increase technical/industry knowledge through appropriate training opportunities.
* Participate in Divisional and Regional meetings.
* Travel in assigned territory
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
* Bachelors degree required
* Minimum of 3 years of field sales experience
Nice to Have
* Medical device sales experience in a hospital setting
* Soft tissue sales experience preferred
* Skills/Competencies: Excellent written and verbal communication skills and proficiency in MS Office applications. Competencies Required: Business Acumen, Drive for Results, Presentation Skills, Technical Learning Other Skills: Teaching experience preferred.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)